Government to set up 100,000 common service centresFebruary 17th, 2009 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) The government will set up 100,000 common service centres (CSC) across the country by March 2010, Communications and IT Minister A. Raja said here Tuesday.
“The government has sanctioned Rs.10,600 crore (Rs.106 billion) for e-governance projects out of which Rs.5,742 crore (Rs.57.42 billion) will be used for setting up CSCs,” Raja said after inaugurating a CSC here.
The CSCs is a government-run one-stop shop that offers web-enabled e-governance services in rural areas, including various application forms, certificates, and utility payments such as electricity, telephone and water bills.
Raja added that Rs.17.87 billion will be used for the state wide area network (SWAN) project.
Minister of State for Communications and IT Jyotiraditya Scindia, who was also present on the occasion, said about 25,195 CSCs were already up and running.
Raja said almost all CSCs will be set up in the public-private partnership mode and about 10,000 centres will be set up before March 31 this year.
- Common service centres to generate 400,000 jobs - Mar 19, 2009
- e-village programme eases rural people's lives - Jul 17, 2011
- AISECT launches its common service centre project in Punjab - Jan 07, 2011
- Premji meets Mamata, promises Rs.800-crore second campus - Dec 07, 2011
- Telecom facilities to be raised in northeast to spur growth - Jun 18, 2012
- Iraqi delegation in Bangalore to study e-governance projects - Apr 21, 2011
- Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor may cost $100 bn - Dec 01, 2010
- India offers to develop Botswana's rail network - Sep 20, 2011
- NIIT Tech to set up e-auction platform for tobacco board - Aug 01, 2012
- Kerala to mark eight years of Akshaya e-initiative - Nov 08, 2010
- Exports from special economic zone zoomed 121 percent - Jul 28, 2010
- Another 383 post offices to be upgraded - Jan 04, 2011
- Northeast India's fifth software technology park in Tripura - May 28, 2012
- Healthcare insurance portal snag rectified: Wipro - Jul 19, 2011
- UP to pilot national single window for investors - Jun 07, 2012