Government to pursue Lokpal bill in budget sessionMarch 12th, 2012 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 12 (IANS) The government Monday said it will pursue the contentious Lokpal bill in the budget session of parliament which began earlier in the day.
The bill was passed by the Lok Sabha during the winter session last year but got stuck in the Rajya Sabha, where the United Progressive Alliance government is short of numbers.
Among the other important bills lined up for consideration and passing are the land acquisition bill, the grievance redressal bill, the whistle blower’s protection bill, the nuclear safety regulatory authority bill, the pension fund regulatory authority bill, the judges accountability bill, the women’s reservation bill and the seeds bill.
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal told reporters that the government has listed 30 new bills for introduction and 39 bills for consideration and passing.
Among the bills listed for introduction are the biotechnology regulatory authority bill, the piracy bill, the agricultural biosecurity bill and the public procurement bill.
The General Budget for 2012-2013 will be presented March 16. During the session, the Finance Bill 2012 is listed for introduction, consideration and passing.
The Railways Budget for 2012-2013 will be presented to the Lok Sabha March 14 followed by the Economic Survey March 15.
The session, which will last till May 22, is scheduled for 35 sittings.
- PMO attempts to blunt Anna's protest campaign (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Lokpal among slew of anti-corruption bills on winter session table - Nov 17, 2011
- Government unveils 31 bills for passing, 23 for introduction - Nov 16, 2011
- No certainty about Lokpal bill in monsoon session, says Bansal (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Lokpal bill in parliament by Wednesday: Bansal (Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- List of bills on monsoon agenda (To go with parliament curtain raiser) - Jul 31, 2011
- Decision on JPC before Wednesday, says Bansal (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Government's heavy legislative agenda grounded (to go with parliament losses story) - Dec 06, 2010
- Legislative agenda for parliament's monsoon session (With curtain raiser) - Aug 06, 2012
- Curtailed budget session ends for assembly elections (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Bansal says disruptions in parliament against true spirit of democracy - Mar 25, 2011
- Parliament session begins Monday; JPC announcement likely Wednesday - Feb 20, 2011
- Bansal appeals to Lok Sabha to pass Lokpal bill - Dec 26, 2011
- Economic reforms not on back burner: Bansal - May 23, 2012
- Important bills for budget session (With Coalition hiccups come to the fore in parliament) - Apr 01, 2012
Tags: accountability bill, affairs minister, alliance government, bansal, biosecurity, budget session, economic survey, finance bill, land acquisition, Lok Sabha, nuclear safety, parliamentary affairs, pawan kumar, progressive alliance, public procurement, rajya sabha, reservation bill, sittings, whistle blower, winter session