Government to present vote on account Feb 16January 22nd, 2009 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 22 (IANS) The central government will present a vote on account on Feb 16, parliament officials said here Thursday. An interim railway budget would be prersented on Feb 13. The parliament session, the last of the current Lok Sabha, will commence Feb 12 with the presidential address. The session is expected to be concluded Feb 26.
Fresh electuions to the Lok Sabha are due in April-May this year.
The Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs, which met last week, decided to convene the parliament session from Feb 12.
The government’s future policies and programmes would be outlined in the president’s address to both houses.
- Budget Session of Parliament to start on Feb. 21 - Jan 20, 2011
- Budget Session: Cabinet approves President Patil's address to Parliament - Feb 15, 2011
- Curtailed budget session ends for assembly elections (Roundup) - Mar 25, 2011
- Lokpal Bill may not be passed in budget session - May 07, 2012
- Pranab to present budget on March 16 - Feb 07, 2012
- Monsoon session of parliament Aug 8-Sep 7 - Jul 18, 2012
- Pranab to present 2012-13 budget on March 16 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Decision on JPC before Wednesday, says Bansal (Lead) - Feb 18, 2011
- Lokpal Bill alive, to be taken up in budget session: Bansal (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Parliament session begins Monday; JPC announcement likely Wednesday - Feb 20, 2011
- PM regrets Trivedi's going; Mukul Roy to be sworn in Tuesday (Roundup) - Mar 19, 2012
- Lok Sabha applies guillotine, passes ministries' budgetary demands - Mar 17, 2011
- Parliament's monsoon session deferred to Aug 1 (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Speaker to hold all party meet ahead of Budget session - Feb 20, 2011
- Great budget session, says UPA; others slam it - May 22, 2012