Government teachers in Mumbai get salaries onlineDecember 1st, 2011 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 1 (IANS) For the first time, teachers and non-teaching staff of all government-aided schools in the city received their salary Thursday online through a nationalised bank, an official said.
The teachers were given special, individual debit cards by the Union Bank of India (UBI) through which they were able to withdraw their salaries, said Kapil Patil, the legislator representing teachers’ constituency in the Maharashtra legislative council.
“This has brought immense cheer to over 30,000 teachers in Mumbai today. Now, it will be implemented in phases across the state,” Patil told IANS.
Patil said he had been pursuing the matter with the state government since the past few years to give teachers their salaries on time. Until now, the salaries were delayed by several days or weeks, he said.
In July this year, state Primary Education Minister Rajendra Darda agreed to the demand and an agreement was signed with the state-run UBI for disbursing teachers’ salaries online.
Besides the salaries, all teachers are entitled to benefits like a free Rs.200,000 insurance cover, loans and other core banking facilities, Patil said.
- Now, online, on-time salaries for Mumbai teachers - Oct 05, 2011
- Maharashtra probing 140,000 fake school students scam - Sep 15, 2011
- Din of school-bells to 'wake up' Maharashtra government - Jul 19, 2011
- Freedom fighter Jawaharlal Darda's widow dead - Jul 19, 2012
- Punjab restores pension for school teachers - Jul 03, 2011
- Maharashtra minister denies role in coal block cases - Sep 05, 2012
- 72,000 more villages to get banking services by 2012 - Feb 06, 2011
- Congress distances itself from Darda over coal blocks allocations - Sep 05, 2012
- Bengal teachers' payday on month's first day from July - May 24, 2011
- Mizoram government teachers not getting salaries - Dec 20, 2011
- Rural banks in Bengal facing staff, skill deficit - Jul 03, 2011
- Left walks out of Kerala assembly - Oct 19, 2011
- Governor Sankaranarayanan bats for new airport in Mumbai - Jul 29, 2010
- Chavan, ministers visit ailing Deshmukh - Aug 08, 2012
- 'Punjab colleges staff go without salaries for months' - May 15, 2012
Tags: bank of india, constituency, core banking, debit cards, education minister, government aided schools, government teachers, kapil, legislative council, legislator, nationalised bank, primary education, rs 200, state government, teachers salaries, teaching staff, time teachers, union bank, union bank of india, union bank of india ubi