Government school headmaster beaten to death in BiharMay 21st, 2012 - 4:33 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 21 (IANS) The headmaster of a government-run middle school was beaten to death by some people Monday in Bihar’s Munger district, police officials said.
Ashok Kumar, headmaster of Bhadwakol middle school under the Haveli-Kharagpur police station in Munger, about 170 km from here, was beaten to death by some men, who allegedly demanded ‘rangdari tax’ from him for construction of the school building, police said.
The slain headmaster had lodged an FIR against three people for their extortion bid, police sid.
According to police, some powerful local men Monday morning visited the headmaster in the school and asked him to withdraw the case against them. But the headmaster refused to yield to their diktat. This angered them, and they first abused him and then thrashed him.
“The headmaster died on the spot and the accused fled,” police said.
The headmaster’s family has lodged a case and alleged that he was killed after he refused to pay ‘rangdari tax’ to those who attacked hin later Monday morning.
- School principal beaten to death over land in Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Maoists kill three abducted villagers in Bihar - Jun 05, 2012
- Maoists kill village guard in Bihar - Nov 17, 2009
- Six people, including three kids, die of mysterious disease - Dec 28, 2011
- RJD MP attacked in Bihar - Jul 10, 2011
- Teacher booked for beating girl student to death - Nov 23, 2010
- CPI-M leader killed in Bengal clash - May 14, 2011
- Bihar teacher beaten to death for dowry - Mar 21, 2012
- 15 people injured in Rajasthan communal clash - Nov 28, 2011
- Suspected thief lynched in Bihar - Mar 07, 2011
- Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death - Jun 16, 2012
- Mentally challenged woman lynched in Bihar - Aug 04, 2010
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- Man lynched for killing wives - Nov 07, 2011
- Nine Assam school kids caned, government talks tough - Jun 13, 2010