Government job for gymnast DipaMay 23rd, 2012 - 1:57 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, May 23 (IANS) The Tripura government Wednesday announced a government job to gymnast Dipa Karmakar, who has won 29 gold medals in various national meets.
“To recognise her success, the government will appoint Karmakar as physical instructor under the sports department,” Chief Minister Manik Sarkar told reporters here.
He said sportspersons from the state who perform well in national and international meets will get government jobs.
- Tripura offers jobs to all medallist sportsmen - Aug 29, 2012
- Crackers, sweets in Tripura as Somdev scripts history at Games - Oct 11, 2010
- Tripura employees to get paid paternity leave - Jun 05, 2012
- Tripura basks in their tennis star Somdev's glory at CWG (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- My dream is to win Davis Cup for India: Somdev - Dec 27, 2010
- Agartala marathon for unity - May 13, 2012
- No dearth of talent in northeast India: Tripura governor - Jan 26, 2011
- CWG Gymnastics: Ashish bags bronze, creates history - Oct 08, 2010
- Tennis star Somdev keen to train northeast players - Dec 06, 2010
- ONGC plans football academy in Tripura - Sep 11, 2012
- Tripura announces pension, housing schemes for journalists - May 22, 2012
- Banerjee assures jobs to CWG, other medal winners - Oct 29, 2010
- Mizo party chief praises Tripura's 'success stories' - Mar 15, 2012
- Northeast Games begins with colourful show - Feb 04, 2009
- 'Tripura rehabilitating surrendered extremists' - Mar 06, 2012