Government issued notice over Doordarshan appointmentsJune 23rd, 2009 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 23 (IANS) The Central Administrative Tribunal Tuesday sought explanation from the central government and Prasar Bharati Broadcasting Corporation of India on the alleged irregularities in the appointment process in the state-run Doordarshan news channel.
A bench headed by Justice V.B. Bali asked the government to file a detailed reply August 5.
The notice was issued after one of the unsuccessful candidates, Harikesh Bahadur Singh Gautam, alleged the recruitment process was not fair and candidates were selected on personal favours.
“The entire selection process is vitiated as the recommendation of candidates has been made most arbitrarily on the basis of pick and choose policy and the selection process smacks of favouritism and nepotism.”
In his petition filed through advocate Sanjai Pathak, he contended that Doordarshan did not specify the allocation of marks in the advertisement and the result reveals that the decisive factor in the selection has been the award of exorbitant marks to the selected candidates in the interview alone.
- Quashing of 25 Doordarshan employees' appointment stayed - Mar 07, 2011
- Court to hear plea on Doordarshan appointments - Oct 07, 2010
- Rajya Sabha debates Prasar Bharati bill - Dec 08, 2011
- Doordarshan's hiring errors to be rectified: Ambika Soni - Sep 14, 2010
- Haryana questioned on 'nepotism' in bureaucrats' selection - Feb 01, 2011
- Post-Lalli suspension, Prasar Bharati looks to interim set-up - Dec 22, 2010
- Amendments to Prasar Bharati Act, interim set-up likely (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Doordarshan, Akashvani employees defer proposed agitation - Dec 11, 2010
- SC asks Centre to file CBI report on suspended Prasar Bharati CEO - Apr 01, 2011
- CBI raids Prasar Bharati CEO's office, residence (Lead) - Mar 04, 2011
- Doordarshan, AIR employees call off three-day strike - Dec 11, 2010
- Supreme Court asks Centre to file affidavit against Lalli - Feb 14, 2011
- Payment to SIS Live with ministry's approval, says Lalli (Lead) - Oct 25, 2010
- After Raja, could it be Kalmadi next? - Feb 02, 2011
- Shunglu panel submits three more reports - Mar 29, 2011