Government doctor caught taking bribe in RajasthanJuly 30th, 2012 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, July 30 (IANS) A senior gynaecologist at a government-run hospital in Rajasthan’s Bhilwara district was Monday caught taking a bribe of Rs.800 from family members of a patient and arrested, police said.
According to the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) officials, Manju Khanna, was head of gynaecology department in Mahatma Gandhi Government Hospital in Bhilwara, some 250 km from Jaipur.
“Kamlesh Kumar Somani had approached ACB saying that his wife was admitted at the hospital for child delivery. Khanna was demanding Rs.800 for a safe caesarean child delivery,” ACB Inspector General Umesh Mishra told IANS.
He added that a trap was laid on the basis of the complaint.
“Khanna was caught when she was accepting the bribe money from Somani Monday. She was arrested and booked under sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act. She will be produced in a court Tuesday,” said Mishra.
He added that raids are being carried out at various places belonging to the doctor.
- Cop, engineers, accountant caught taking bribes - Jul 21, 2012
- Rajasthan Police sub-inspector arrested for bribery - Aug 20, 2012
- Ten years later, man jailed for trying to bribe cop - Oct 15, 2011
- Five Rajasthan doctors booked for corruption - May 30, 2012
- Maharashtra cop caught accepting bribe - Aug 18, 2011
- Hospital guard held for selling blood - Sep 30, 2011
- Fake pilots: More arrests likely - Mar 23, 2011
- BJP leader's son named in fake pilot scam - May 26, 2011
- Andhra CBI judge arrested in cash-for-bail case - Jun 19, 2012
- Andhra ACB files charge sheet in cash-for-bail case - Aug 13, 2012
- Woman dies as nurses perform operation - Oct 23, 2010
- School principal arrested for bribery - Feb 16, 2012
- Notices to three Andhra legislators in liquor pay-off scam - Jun 09, 2012
- Jodhpur pregnancy deaths: Post-mortem reveals infection - Mar 10, 2011
- Karnataka MLA Somasekhara Reddy held in cash-for-bail scam - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: bhilwara, bribe money, child delivery, corruption bureau, family members, government doctor, government hospital, gynaecologist, inspector general, jaipur, kamlesh, mahatma gandhi, prevention of corruption act, rajasthan, rs 800, somani, umesh mishra