Government allows free import of shooting pelletsNovember 12th, 2008 - 10:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 12 (IANS) Indian shooters had a reason to smile as the government Wednesday finally waived the import duty for the .177 calibre pellets used in 10 metre air rifle event.It is the same event in which Abhinav Bindra won India its first individual Olympic gold medallist.
In World Cup final last week, Gagan Narang won the gold and set a world record in the event.
“It has been an endless wait for the shooting fraternity. I am happy everyone will get good quality pellets at lesser cost. The shooting standards in India will reach new heights in the 10 metre air rifle events, it is a great gesture by the government,” said Narang.
- Olympic shooting: Bindra fails to qualify, Narang makes final - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: India hope to get lion's share from the ranges (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- I achieved what I came here to do: Narang - Jul 30, 2012
- Cash award to Bindra for Asian shooting gold - Jan 18, 2012
- CWG: Omkar Singh wins gold medal in 50 m Pistol - Oct 06, 2010
- Needed a little luck: Bindra (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- I am sure Gagan will do well: Bindra (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- It has been a roller-coaster ride, says Gagan Narang - Aug 08, 2012
- Shooter Narang opens medal count for India, wins bronze (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: Shooter Gagan Narang opens medal count with bronze (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympics: India pins hopes on shooters Abhinav, Gagan - Jul 29, 2012
- Narang emerges out of Bindra's shadow (Profile) - Jul 30, 2012
- Shooters give India first medal in Asian Games - Nov 13, 2010
- Narang's medal will inspire other Indian athletes: Maken - Jul 30, 2012
- Olympic shooting: Narang to take stance amid high expectations - Aug 02, 2012