Gopinath Pradhan is new IGNOU vice-chancellorAugust 1st, 2012 - 6:43 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 1 (IANS) Gopinath Pradhan is the new vice- chancellor of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), a statement released here said Wednesday.
Sixty-year-old Pradhan joined IGNOU in 1993 and was the director of the university’s School of Social Sciences (SOSS) since 2010.
A professor of Economics, Pradhan was associated with the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy, New Delhi, prior to his association with the IGNOU.
“His academic publications include Industrial Estates and State Development, Evasion of Excise Duty in India (co-author of the theme dealing with cotton textile fabrics), and Fiscal Policy for National Capital Region,” said the statement.
“He has contributed in the certificate programme launched by IGNOU in 2001 on Involuntary Resettlement and Rehabilitation, Strengthening of Local Government in Madhya Pradesh,” the statement added.
Several research papers by Pradhan were published in international and national journals, added the statement.
- Bridge gap between academia, industry: IGNOU - Nov 09, 2011
- IGNOU to concentrate more on research activities - Sep 12, 2012
- IGNOU for paradigm shift in research policy: Vice chancellor - Apr 25, 2011
- IGNOU extends last date for admission applications - Jun 20, 2012
- IGNOU to focus on student support - Aug 15, 2012
- IGNOU, Jamia awarded at World Education Summit - Jul 15, 2011
- IGNOU plans training centre for hearing disabled - Aug 20, 2011
- 'IGNOU at par with international institutions' - Jan 01, 2011
- IGNOU to partner with US community colleges - Aug 21, 2011
- IGNOU backs e-learning - Aug 26, 2011
- July 30 last date for admission to IGNOU programmes - Jul 24, 2012
- IGNOU gets $9.5 mn Japanese aid - Mar 15, 2012
- IGNOU announces admission for July courses - May 17, 2012
- IGNOU inaugurates 100-foot-high flag post - Oct 20, 2011
- IGNOU offers online courses on sustainable science - Mar 29, 2012
Tags: academic publications, co author, cotton textile, evasion, excise duty in india, fiscal policy, ignou, indira gandhi, indira gandhi national open university, involuntary resettlement, local government, madhya pradesh, national journals, national open university, New Delhi, public finance, research papers, social sciences, textile fabrics, vice chancellor