Google Chrome top browser for first timeMarch 22nd, 2012 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 22 (IANS) Google’s Chrome became the world’s top internet browser for one day Sunday, pushing Internet Explorer into second place for the first time.
Chrome did not retain its lead, however, in the statistics released by monitoring firm Statcounter, the Daily Mail reported Thursday.
“While it is only one day, this is a milestone,” said Aodhan Cullen, CEO of web monitoring firm Statcounter.
Explorer has been the world’s most popular web browser since 1999. As of this week, Explorer is in first place again.
Chrome’s figures tend to surge at weekends, driven by home users who choose Google’s browser over Microsoft’s. During the week, when much web browsing is from corporate machines, Explorer rises.
- Google Chrome is third most popular browser - Aug 01, 2011
- Microsoft announces automatic upgrades for Internet Explorer - Dec 16, 2011
- Now internet users can watch who is spying on them - Mar 02, 2012
- Google to ditch support for older Internet browsers - Jun 07, 2011
- Firefox plots system to stop firms from tracking you online - Dec 01, 2010
- Google Chrome is giving Firefox a tough compition. - Sep 23, 2010
- Rise of Google Chrome threatens Internet Explorer, Mozilla - Oct 10, 2010
- Google Chrome Turns 2 Years Old, Gets A New Version - Sep 04, 2010
- IE 9 Public Beta Ready For Release, But Can It Beat Google Chrome? - Aug 22, 2010
- Google 3D medical browser maps human body - Dec 17, 2010
- Russian internet users double - Sep 24, 2011
- The IE9 Beta gets launched - Sep 21, 2010
- Google's new browser can map human body in 3D - Dec 17, 2010
- Adult sites use bug to track user's browsing history - Dec 03, 2010
- Yahoo plug-in brings new visual delight - May 24, 2012