Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline)July 13th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Patna/Lucknow, July 13 (IANS) A goods train was derailed in Bihar’s Kaimur district early Friday, disrupting services in the busy Gaya-Mughalsarai section of the East Central Railway. Many trains have been cancelled while over a dozen have been diverted to other routes, officials said.
The train derailed near Bhabhua railway station, blocking tracks as a few wagons rolled down to the side track, resulting in change of route of trains, including Rajdhani Express, a railway official said.
No casualties were reported.
“Rail traffic on the busy Delhi-Howrah trunk route is badly affected. Rescue operations will take 15 hours before normal services resume,” said Anup Kumar, divisional railway manager of Mughalsarai.
The trains that were cancelled Friday included Delhi-Howrah Janata Express (up and down), Lal Quila Express (Kolkata-New Delhi) and Mahabodhi Express (Gaya-New Delhi).
The route of Shipra Express has been diverted for the day and it will travel via Chopan, Singrauli and Katni. This train, officials said, would miss its stop at Allahabad station owing to the diversion.
Orissa Sampark Kranti - an important train plying between New Delhi and Bhubaneswar - has been diverted via Manikpur-Katni, while Neelanchal Express, another train connecting New Delhi with Puri in Odisha, has been diverted via Mughalsarai, Patna and Gaya.
The Allahabad-Mughalsarai passenger train has been partially cancelled between Mughalsarai and Chunar. The railways has opened helplines in Allahabad and Kanpur to inform passengers of the diversions.
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Goods train derails, hit traffic (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Rajdhani derails after Maoists blast track, traffic disrupted (Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Goods train derails in Bihar - Jan 08, 2011
- Maoists derail Rajdhani, train services hit hard (Afternoon Lead) - Mar 23, 2010
- Dense fog in Delhi affects normal life, delays flights and trains - Jan 08, 2010
- Train derails after Maoists blow up tracks in Bihar - Mar 23, 2010
- Train schedule goes haywire after derailment - May 28, 2010
- Delhi-Howrah rail route restored - Jul 12, 2011
- Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh, no casualty - Sep 21, 2010
- Mumbai-bound train derails, four trains cancelled - Jun 11, 2011
- 14-hour power failure hit NCR towns - Jul 30, 2012
- Railways cancel four trains after Gyaneshwari Express mishap - May 28, 2010
- Maoists attack railway tracks in four states on day two of shutdown - Mar 23, 2010
- Train derails in Uttar Pradesh, all passengers safe - Apr 27, 2011
Tags: bhubaneswar, bihar, central railway, gaya, howrah, janata, kanpur, lal quila, mahabodhi, passenger train, patna, rail traffic, railway manager, railway official, railway station, rescue operations, sampark, shipra, train officials, trunk route