Goodies for hockey players, talks on for contractsMarch 29th, 2012 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, March 29 (IANS) Hockey India (HI) and the Lalit Group of Hotels presented cash awards and iPads to the national men’s team that recently won the Olympic qualifier while HI president Narinder Batra said discussions were on with the players regarding graded retainerships.
At a function here Thursday, each player who had participated in the Olympic qualifier received Rs. 2 lakhs, an iPad and a gift hamper while the support staff was awarded a total of Rs. 1 lakh and the hand-held device.
Speaking informally to reporters, Batra said he was meeting with team’s captain Bharat Chetri besides other stakeholders to finalise on annual contracts to players amounting to about Rs. 12 lakhs per annum.
- Six top Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Nov 30, 2011
- WSH gets National Stadium, Olympic camps shifted out - Dec 02, 2011
- Sports ministry clears national camp after HI's flip-flop - Mar 05, 2012
- Windfall for India's hockey players - Feb 27, 2012
- HI requested sports ministry to announce a suitable reward - Sep 14, 2011
- 90 Indian players sign up for Hockey India league - Sep 12, 2012
- Sahara to renew sponsorship of Indian hockey - Feb 07, 2012
- Six more Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Dec 01, 2011
- Hockey Olympic gold medallists to get cash awards - Jun 15, 2012
- Hockey India to appoint high performance manager - Aug 29, 2012
- Hockey India's league in January with six teams - Jun 01, 2012
- Madhya Pradesh to set up museum after Dhyan Chand - Jan 24, 2012
- Hockey India inducts Hockey Bhopal in its fold - Sep 13, 2012
- Hockey India reviews Azlan Shah performance - May 31, 2011
- Sahara India renews sponsorship deal with Hockey India - Feb 08, 2012