Gold price reaches record highFebruary 17th, 2009 - 9:56 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 17 (New Delhi) Gold prices Tuesday zoomed Rs.360 to a record high of Rs.15,200 per ten grams in Indian bullion market on strong global cues and support from a weak rupee.
The yellow metal continued its bull run at international markets also as investors kept buying gold amid worsening global economic outlook.
Gold prices are up 30 percent in the past three months.
The April delivery of gold was traded at around Rs.15,200 on the Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX), the highest since the bourse began trading the metal in November 2003.
Meanwhile, the Bombay Bullion Association, the apex gold trade body in the country, Tuesday reported that India’s gold import in February was zero.
Imports in January lumped to about two tonnes from 24 tonnes a year ago, the association said.
Experts blamed high prices and weak rupee for the fall in imports.
- Gold loses lustre among Indian customers due to rising price - Feb 10, 2010
- MCX-SX aims to start trading with 1,200 stocks - Sep 13, 2012
- Gold may surge to Rs.22,000 per 10 grams by year-end - Sep 12, 2010
- Gold rush before Dhanteras: Jewellers - Oct 23, 2011
- Gold prices cross 1,000 dollars an ounce - Sep 08, 2009
- Gold consumption up by 66 percent in 2010 - Feb 18, 2011
- Goldsmiths sit idle, as sky rocketing prices of gold affect market - Aug 02, 2009
- Soaring price of gold turns Goldsmiths idle - Aug 03, 2009
- Gold prices hit record high, deter buyers - Jun 02, 2010
- Golden returns from silver push prices to all-time high - Feb 27, 2011
- China to surpass India as top gold consumer - Feb 19, 2012
- India's diamond markets shut over Mumbai terror attack - Jul 14, 2011
- Soaring gold price dampens consumer sentiment - Aug 20, 2011
- Levy on unbranded jewellery to be withdrawn: Pranab (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Mumbai's diamond, gold merchants furious at government apathy - Jul 14, 2011