Gold items worth crores robbed in DelhiJune 22nd, 2011 - 11:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) Four unidentified assailants waylaid the owner of a courier company and his two employees and robbed them of a gold jewellery consignment worth a few crores of rupees late Tuesday night, police said Wednesday.
The victims were on their way to deliver the consignment of five bags of gold jewellery to be booked as cargo at the domestic airport. The assailants attacked them at Delhi Cantt area in south Delhi.
The incident occurred at 10.45 p.m. Tuesday when the victims, Hansraj and two of his office staff, were travelling in their Maruti Swift car.
“Hansraj, the owner of Sai Courier Company, was driving the car with his two staff members, when a Honda City car intercepted them. The assailants at gun point asked the victims to get off and hand over to them the five bags of gold jewellery they were carrying,” said a senior police officer.
When the victims resisted, the assailants attacked them with sticks and managed to grab three of the five bags of gold jewellery.
According to police, while the man driving the assailants’ vehicle drove off, the three others escaped on foot with the gold.
“The complainant has informed us that the gold was worth a few crores of rupees and was part of a consignment to be delivered,” said the officer.
“We are investigating the case under that of robbery and are looking into the circumstances under which the incident occurred. Further investigations are underway,” said the officer.
- Jeweller shot dead in Delhi - Feb 23, 2011
- Highway heist in Ghaziabad - Aug 13, 2011
- Seven years jail for two carjackers - Jul 17, 2011
- Gold finance company robbed - Jun 22, 2012
- Robbers driving around in red beacon car arrested - Jan 04, 2011
- West Delhi area rocked by four robberies in 90 minutes - Jan 10, 2011
- Agra jewellers down shutters to protest silver heist - Feb 21, 2012
- Jeweller's house looted at gunpoint - Nov 30, 2011
- Trader robbed of jewellery worth Rs.15 lakhs - Jan 30, 2010
- 23 kg gold stolen from Mumbai jewellery store - Dec 11, 2010
- Two injured in three robberies in capital - Jan 14, 2011
- Rs.12 lakh jewellery stolen from Lucknow shop - May 17, 2012
- Two Nigerians held for money exchange agent's murder - Sep 06, 2011
- 25 kg gold seized from fake CBI officer - Sep 09, 2011
- Israeli woman robbed, three held - May 07, 2011
Tags: city car, complainant, courier company, delhi cantt, gold jewellery, gun point, hansraj, honda city, investigations, maruti swift car, New Delhi, office staff, police officer, robbery, rupees, south delhi, staff members, tuesday night, unidentified assailants, worth crores