Gold futures hover around record highMarch 2nd, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 2 (IANS) Gold was hovering around Rs.16,040 per 10 grams in intra-day trade Monday, an all-time trading price high, with consumers avoiding buying new gold and preferring to exchange old gold for new.
Around 1:40 p.m., gold’s April futures prices touched a high of Rs.15,968 per 10 grams at the Multi Commodity Exchange as the rupee continued to reign at over Rs.50 to the dollar.
The benchmark April gold was up 2.1 percent at Rs.15,831 per 10 grams around 3:30 p.m. The precious metal’s contract had struck its record high of Rs.16,040 Feb 20. Silver’s April futures were trading at Rs.22,716 per kilogram around the same time.
The country did not import any gold in February as demand remained slack owing to high prices.
- Soaring gold price dampens consumer sentiment - Aug 20, 2011
- India again saw gold rush despite robust stock markets (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2010
- Gold sales up on Dhanteras despite high prices - Oct 24, 2011
- Golden returns from silver push prices to all-time high - Feb 27, 2011
- Aviation stocks rally after direct jet fuel import allowed - Feb 07, 2012
- Sensex up 76.94 points (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Hero Motocorp's scrip down 7 percent - May 03, 2012
- Cheer for buyers as gold prices dip on Akshaya Tritiya (Roundup) - May 06, 2011
- Sensex falls 193.40 points, banking stocks slump (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Rupee recovers from record low but outlook gloomy - Dec 13, 2011
- Sensex ruling in green; realty, consumer durables gain - Mar 06, 2012
- Sensex climbs 434 points; capital goods, auto stocks surge - Apr 13, 2011
- Reliance-ADAG shares rally - Dec 27, 2011
- Sensex up 222.60 points in noon trade - May 24, 2012
- Gold prices dip an added draw to Akshaya Tritiya buyers (Lead) - May 06, 2011