Gold for France’s Decosse in women’s 70 kg judoAugust 2nd, 2012 - 12:03 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) France’s Lucie Decosse took the women’s 70 kg judo gold at the Olympics Wednesday, beating Germany’s Kerstin Thiele by waza-ari in the final.
Decosse won silver in the 63 kg class in Beijing four years ago and has since taken two World titles in the 70 kg class, and was the clear favourite against Thiele, whose greatest achievement to date was a European silver medal in 2009.
Colombia’s Yuri Alvear and Dutch judoka Edith Bosch won the bronze medals after both coming through the repechage.
Alvear took bronze by waza-ari against China’s Fei Chen, while Bosch won her medal on a referee’s decision after finishing level with South Korea’s Ye-Sul Hwang on one yuko each.
For Bosch, it was her second Olympic bronze in two Games after she received the same prize in Beijing four years ago.
- Olympic judo: Kim scores revenge over Bischof for gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Galstyan wins first gold for Russia in judo - Jul 28, 2012
- Olympic judo: France's Riner wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympics judo: Cuba's Ortiz wins gold - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic wrestling: Rezaei wins gold for Iran - Aug 08, 2012
- Judo: Brazilian Menezes wins 48kg gold - Jul 29, 2012
- Olympics: Back injury dashes Russian weightlifter's hopes - Aug 04, 2012
- Olympic taekwondo: Tazegul scores gold for Turkey - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympic athletics: Merritt hurdles to 110m gold for US - Aug 09, 2012
- Olympic weightlifting: China's Lin Qinfeng lifts 69-kg gold - Aug 01, 2012
- Olympic modern pentathlon: Lithuania's Asadauskaite wins last gold - Aug 13, 2012
- Olympic wrestling : Lopez Nunez wins gold for Cuba - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympic boxing: Bronze for Russia, Ireland - Aug 10, 2012
- Olympics: Chicherova soars to high jump gold for Russia - Aug 12, 2012
- Russia unhappy at not winning weightlifting gold - Aug 16, 2012