Goa’s child rapist nabbed, police fear more victimsNovember 1st, 2011 - 4:39 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 1 (IANS) Goa Police Tuesday asked parents to report the sexual abuse of their wards after the arrest of an alleged child rapist, known to have molested at least half a dozen minors over a year.
Bonny D’Souza, 19, was arrested Monday after he tried to sodomize two girls aged 8 and 10 when they were returning from school.
“He tried to sodomize one girl in a toilet as she was returning home…Her cries alerted people in the area, but Bonny managed to flee the scene. Luckily someone spotted his bike number,” police inspector Tushar Lotlikar told IANS.
“Bonny is involved in five other known cases. If there are more, people should come forward and inform us. We are duty bound to keep the identities of the victims and their families a secret,” Lotlikar said, adding most of D’Souza’s victims were from the coastal villages of Calangute, Nagoa and Arpora.
D’Souza used to focus only on minors, irrespective of sex, sources said.
“He would lie in wait for school children going back home alone, he would then isolate one or two and rape them in nearby thickets. During interrogation he told us that he would physically assault them if they cried out loud,” police said.
“He abused children because he was abused as a child,” police said.
- Nigerian, Mizo woman arrested with Rs.3 mn-worth drugs - Jan 28, 2011
- Mumbai police arrest paedophile Britons - Mar 21, 2011
- Child rights activists welcome verdict on paedophile Britons - Mar 18, 2011
- Two school officials dismissed for negligence in rape case - Sep 26, 2011
- Sri Lanka records rise in rapes of children - Jul 05, 2012
- Australian held for peddling drugs - Jan 01, 2011
- Children homes should be strictly monitored: NCPCR - Jan 26, 2012
- Goa police do flip-flop in drug dealers assault case - May 26, 2010
- Kids' sexual abuse: Driver sent to police custody, two detained (Second Lead) - Sep 18, 2010
- Over dozen school children feared drowned - Feb 18, 2012
- Paedophile schoolteacher films himself abusing girls - Jun 11, 2011
- Ghaziabad residents protest police apathy in rape case - Apr 19, 2012
- Rapist priest's seven-year term upheld (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Delhi police arrest cab driver for raping children in New Delhi - Sep 18, 2010
- Couple arrested for harassing minor maids - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: arpora, bike number, calangute, child rapist, coastal villages, goa police, half a dozen, interrogation, nov 1, police inspector, returning home, s child, sex sources, sexual abuse, sodomize, souza, thickets, tushar, two girls, wards