Goa to re-negotiate mediclaim scheme with insurerJuly 9th, 2012 - 2:59 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 9 (IANS) The Goa government will re-negotiate the terms and conditions of its mediclaim insurance scheme with ICICI Lombard and re-launch it within the year, Health Minister Laxmikant Parsenkar said Monday.
Speaking to reporters at the party headquarters here, Parsenkar said the health ministry was planning to up the health cover ceiling from Rs.60,000 to Rs.2 lakh as part of the negotiations.
“We will be re-negotiating with the ICICI (Lombard) company and raise the limit to Rs.2 lakh. They should be in a position to agree. If they don’t then we will look for another service provider,” Parsenkar said.
Unveiled in September last year, the Swarnajayanti mediclaim scheme aims to provide universal health insurance coverage to all the 3.5 lakh households in Goa with less than five members.
The scheme, which is the first to be implemented in any Indian state, however, hit a roadblock after several private clinics in the state refused to accept the terms and conditions, calling them unviable.
“We will also be taking into confidence all the private clinics and nursing homes during the negotiations, Parsenkar said.
- Goa's universal mediclaim scheme by Sep 30: Minister - Sep 16, 2011
- ICICI Lombard to insure 3.5 lakh homes in Goa - Jun 13, 2011
- Expansive health insurance announced for Goan families - Dec 17, 2010
- Former AIIMS director to shape Goa's health policy - Aug 29, 2012
- ICICI Lombard to hike diesel vehicles' insurance premium - Jun 27, 2011
- Kamat moots insurance scheme for Goa's entire population - Mar 25, 2010
- Free health insurance for 500,000 on MP's birthday - Feb 06, 2011
- Budget will hit Goa's mining, tourism industry: BJP - Feb 28, 2011
- Non-life insurers log 17 percent growth in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Non-life insurers post 19 percent growth in April - May 31, 2011
- Non-life insurers log 27 percent business growth in May - Jun 25, 2011
- Non-life insurers post 18 percent growth in May 2012 - Jun 28, 2012
- Insurance industry to be worth $400 bn by 2020: Report - Apr 10, 2011
- Rakesh Jain to head Reliance General Insurance - Oct 21, 2011
- BJP to publish one lakh booklets on Goa scams - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: goa government, health cover, health insurance, health insurance coverage, health minister, health ministry, households, icici lombard, insurance scheme, insurer, lakh, laxmikant, mediclaim insurance, negotiations, nursing homes, party headquarters, private clinics, roadblock, rs 2, universal health insurance