Goa to host e-retailing jamboreeMay 8th, 2011 - 9:41 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, May 8 (IANS) In what is billed as India’s biggest e-retailing event featuring some of the top consumer brands, a three-day ‘GenX Bazaar 2011′ will be held in Goa from Monday, its organisers said.
Addressing a press conference here, Vivek Gautam, chief marketing officer of Speak Asia, said that the Singapore-based company was the largest integrated online survey firm in Asia and that the event was the first of its kind in India.
“The shopping festival which we are organising in Goa is the definitive proof of concept for our company’s operations. This is perhaps the only event of its kind which is yet unsurpassed in scale and size,” Gautam said.
He added that several thousand of Speak Asia subscribers would be e-shopping for goods from premium brands like Skoda Auto, Provogue, Lenovo, and others worth crores of rupees at the showcase event, which will be an “electronically and web-enabled marketplace”.
Gautam said that Speak Asia had nearly one million subscribers online, who were paid to review products regularly. The product reviews and feedback were then passed on to the manufacturing companies for a fee.
“Surveys cut the risk of product failure to a large extent as it enables companies to understand the psyche of the consumer. They also provide companies with valuable company information,” Gautam said.
“This is an as yet unduplicated and a revolutionary concept which empowers the consumer into fashioning products which they want, because their feedback goes straight back to the companies. The payback for the subscribers comes in form of e-money and goes straight back e-wallets with which they can purchase products at discounted rates,” he said.
“Speak Asia is an eco-system that we shall nourish and evolve to a point where consumers, sellers and their via-medias will congregate for the benefit of each and satisfaction of all,” he said, adding that the Goa government was partnering with Speak Asia for the event.
- Top Speak Asia officials arrested (Second Lead) - Jul 29, 2011
- Myntra aims to offer 1,000 brands online - Jun 07, 2012
- Choice the buzzword, as consumers pampered like never before (2010 in Retrospect) - Dec 25, 2010
- Online retailer Yepmeshopping plans own clothing labels - Jan 21, 2011
- Bhupathi goes online to sell sports merchandise - May 25, 2012
- Toy story in a dog's world - Aug 25, 2011
- Hrithik Roshan is Provogue's Brand Ambassador - Oct 09, 2009
- Chinese making fortunes out of 'e-business' trend - Sep 25, 2010
- Berger Paints to double capacity by 2013-end - Aug 02, 2012
- Change Goa law to promote wedding tourism - Aug 23, 2012
- How Flipkart broke India's online shopping inertia - Dec 09, 2011
- Freebee, not discount is this year's mantra for Diwali sale - Oct 24, 2010
- Israel keen on helping Goa meet its dairy deficit - Aug 25, 2012
- Sunburn heads to Sri Lanka - Aug 16, 2012
- E-commerce sites cash in on leap year - Feb 28, 2012