Goa Police issued notice in Israeli drug dealer caseDecember 8th, 2010 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Dec 8 (IANS) The Panaji bench of the Bombay High Court Wednesday issued notice to the Goa police asking it to reply within a month to the bail application of Israeli drug dealer Yaniv Benaim alias Dudu, who was arrested here in February.
In his application, Dudu said he should be released on bail because police had not been able to file a chargesheet even 10 months after his arrest.
However, the state police said the chargesheet is delayed because the forensic examination of the drugs seized from him in February was not completed yet.
“The Central Forensic Science Laboratory report of the Rs.3 lakh worth of drugs has not been received yet. We will file the chargsheet as soon as the results are received,” a police officer said.
According to the police, Dudu was the lynchpin of the drug trade in north Goa, which includes narcotics hubs like Anjuna, Calangute, Arambol and Morjim - all beach stretches known for easy availability of drugs.
Police also said that Dudu was involved in the drug trade in Goa for more than a decade. He was arrested in 2008 by the Mumbai police and had earlier been served a ‘Leave India’ notice as well.
- Not aware of police nexus with drug dealer: Goa top cop - Feb 27, 2010
- CBI points to links between Goa Police, drug mafia - Oct 01, 2011
- Menus, signages in Russian could be removed in Goa - Jul 23, 2012
- Will probe Goa drug nexus: CBI to high court - Apr 05, 2011
- Israeli drug dealer Dudu released on bail - Feb 03, 2011
- High court issues notices in Goa drug nexus probe case - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Drug dealers can meet visitors in Goa jails, legislators can't' - Jul 18, 2010
- Red corner notice against Israeli drug dealer - Sep 04, 2010
- CBI to bring Israeli drug dealer to Goa - Aug 17, 2011
- Goa BJP legislator appeals for 'help' to drug peddler - Mar 24, 2010
- 'For three years, one foreigner died every week in Goa' - Mar 24, 2011
- Anti-narcotics officer on payroll of Israeli drug dealers - May 26, 2010
- Goa trade forum seeks action against drugs trade, prostitution - Jan 22, 2011
- Kamat calls for report on Goa police-politician-drug mafia nexus - Jan 12, 2011
- Kamat mulls CBI probe into Goa drug nexus - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: 10 months, alias, arambol, benaim, bench, bombay high court, dudu, forensic examination, forensic science laboratory, goa police, hubs, laboratory report, lakh, lynchpin, mumbai police, narcotics, north goa, police officer, state police, yaniv