Goa Police ‘ashamed’ of planting drugs on IsraeliAugust 15th, 2012 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Aug 15 (IANS) The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) arresting five state police officials for implicating an Israeli national in a drugs case is a matter of shame, a Goa Police newsletter said Wednesday.
The first issue of the newsletter was released by Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar as part of the Independence Day celebrations here.
He lauded the police for being transparent in accepting their flaws in the newsletter.
“The Goa Police is ashamed of a PSI (police sub-inspector) and four constables who were arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) for false implication of David Driham, an Israeli national in Anjuna, in a drug case,” said the newsletter endorsed by Goa Director General of Police Kishen Kumar.
Israeli national Driham alias Dudu was arrested by the anti-narcotics cell of Goa Police in 2010 with a narcotics cocktail of ecstacy, cocaine, heroin, LSD and ‘charas’ (cannabis) worth Rs.3.81 lakh.
After the raid, the police described Dudu as a “big time” dealer.
However, a sting operation, conducted by Dudu’s sister, showed that the same police officer, Sunil Gudler, who had arrested the Israeli national, giving drugs to foreigners.
The case was later referred to the CBI by the Goa government. The CBI then arrested Gudler and four other policemen.
The newsletter now says that incidents such as these undermine police’s credibility.
“Such misdeeds of police officials affect the credibility of the force and undermines constant good work. Every Goa policemen will now take a pledge of maintaining high standards and integrity and professionalism,” the newsletter says.
“Such transparency is good,” Parrikar said referring to the newsletter.
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- CBI points to links between Goa Police, drug mafia - Oct 01, 2011
- Goa officer sold drugs from police warehouse, CBI told - Feb 04, 2011
- Goa police reviewing footage of 'drug peddling' cop - Jan 05, 2011
- From Facebook with love: Status updates from behind prison bars - Jul 19, 2010
- Goa Police to probe African drug peddlers' nexus - Jun 13, 2012
- BJP demands CBI probe into Goa drug nexus - Jul 16, 2010
- Will probe Goa drug nexus: CBI to high court - Apr 05, 2011
- BJP alleges cover-up in Goa police-drug mafia nexus probe - Mar 16, 2010
- High court issues notices in Goa drug nexus probe case - Jan 18, 2011
- Israeli drug dealer Dudu released on bail - Feb 03, 2011
- Plea for CBI probe into Goa's cops-politician-drug nexus (Lead) - Jan 14, 2011
- Goa drug nexus: Arunachal police officer may be summoned - Jan 20, 2011
- 20 booked on drug charges in Goa over three months - Jul 20, 2012
- Ask CBI to probe into Swedish model's allegations, demands BJP - Apr 27, 2010
Tags: anjuna, cbi, central bureau of investigation, chief minister, drug case, drugs case, dudu, four constables, goa government, goa police, independence day celebrations, kishen, lakh, maintaining high standards, panaji, police newsletter, police officials, sting operation, time dealer, worth rs