Goa minister’s nephew deposes in German minor’s rape caseOctober 28th, 2008 - 9:37 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Oct 28 (IANS) Warren Alemao, nephew of Goa’s Public Works Department Minister Churchill Alemao, appeared before the police and gave his statement in connection with the rape of a minor German girl. Warren has been accused by the mother of the 14-year-old victim of rape, along with Rohit Monserrate, son of Education Minister Atanasio Monserrate.
He appeared at the Calangute police station 3.45 p.m. and deposed before Police Inspector Tushar Vernekar.
“My client is innocent and is being accused because of his relations with Churchill Alemao,” Warren’s advocate Mike Mehta told mediapersons outside the police station.
Warren refused to speak to the media.
The police, meanwhile, have been unable to trace Rohit for over a fortnight now. They have maintained they would not arrest any of the two high-profile accused till the minor girl gives a statement to the police.
- Minor German girl's rape: Goa minister's son surrenders (Lead) - Nov 04, 2008
- German girl's rape: Goa seeks consulate's help - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Congress leader scuttled investigations into German girl's rape' - Nov 03, 2008
- Police drop rape charges against Goa cabinet minister's kin - Jan 13, 2009
- Goa minister's kin claims innocence in German girl's rape (Lead) - Oct 23, 2008
- Goa minister's son may go scot-free in rape case - Aug 06, 2010
- Minister in trouble again, could alter poll pitch (Goa newsletter) - Feb 03, 2012
- German rape victim's mother asked to give income details - Oct 27, 2008
- Officials wonder why police did not seek custody of rape accused - Nov 12, 2008
- German minor rape trial begins in Goa - Feb 15, 2010
- 'Tainted ministers like school children' - Dec 27, 2009
- Another minister's kin named in rape of German teen - Oct 23, 2008
- German rape victim deposes before magistrate - Nov 01, 2008
- Teenage rape victim turns suicidal, abusive - Feb 17, 2010
- Complaint filed against Goa minister's kin in German girl rape - Oct 24, 2008