Goa court acquits Scarlett’s boyfriendNovember 25th, 2009 - 8:43 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 25 (IANS) The Goa Children’s court (GCC) Wednesday acquitted Julio Lobo, who was said to be the boyfriend of slain British teenager Scarlett Keeling. Julio had been charged under the Goa Children’s Act for staying with Scarlett, a minor.
GCC president B.P. Deshpande ruled that the state police had failed to produce any documentary evidence against Julio during the trial. Julio was earlier reported to have been staying with the 15-year-old when her mother Fiona Mackeown was partying at Gokarna in neighbouring Karnataka.
The chargesheet filed by the police had stated that Julio was staying with the minor girl (a crime under the GCA) some days before she was found dead in a semi-nude state at the Anjuna beach in February last year.
Julio had been arrested in March last year, more than a month after Scarlett’s body was recovered. The CBI and the state police have also chargesheeted two people - Samson D’Souza and Placido Carvalho - in connection with Keeling’s murder.
- 'Scarlett threatened by local few weeks before death' - Jul 28, 2010
- Scarlett's boyfriend's aunts thought evil possessed him: Fiona - Jul 30, 2010
- Scarlett's mother to depose in Goa court July 30 - Jul 26, 2010
- Goa home minister, son linked to drug mafia: Scarlett's mother - Aug 02, 2010
- Scarlett Keeling's mother fears being murdered by Goa "drugs nexus" - Aug 03, 2010
- Scarlett rape, murder trial to begin - Mar 19, 2010
- 'Night before death Scarlett was singing, talking about stars' - Jul 29, 2010
- Scarlett's character being maligned: Fiona - Aug 02, 2010
- Fiona deposes in Goa court; says police suppressed facts - Jul 30, 2010
- Fiona likely to depose in court in Scarlett trial: Lawyer - Apr 14, 2010
- Fiona can depose via video conference in Scarlett case: CBI - Apr 05, 2010
- Scarlett's diary crucial pages missing: Defence lawyer - Aug 27, 2010
- CBI not allowed to make tests on Scarlett case accused - Sep 04, 2009
- Scarlett Keeling's killers 'gave her drugs', claims her mother - Aug 03, 2010
- Fiona unable to come for Scarlett's April 16 hearing - Apr 15, 2010