GNLA chief arrested in MeghalayaJuly 30th, 2012 - 9:09 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, July 30 (IANS) The outlawed Garo National Liberation Army’s (GNLA) chief Champion R. Sangma was arrested Monday along the India-Bangladesh border in Meghalaya, police said.
Champion, whose outfit to be fighting for a separate Garoland, was arrested from Umkrem Pyrwdiwah area in East Khasi Hills district, about 80 Km from Shillong.
“Champion was arrested this (Monday) afternoon based on a intelligence inputs about his movement in the villages bordering Bangladesh,” state police chief N. Ramachandran told IANS.
- GNLA chief arrested near Bangladesh border in Meghalaya (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- GNLA chief arrested due to efforts of India, Bangladesh - Jul 31, 2012
- GNLA chief sent to 14 days judicial custody - Aug 26, 2012
- GNLA commander killed, camp busted in Meghalaya - Sep 14, 2012
- Suspected Meghalaya rebels abduct official, traders - Nov 21, 2011
- Determined to end Garo terror outfit: Chidambaram - Feb 19, 2012
- Two people injured in bomb explosion - May 02, 2012
- Kidnapped engineers untraced, GNLA chief escapes (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- GNLA chief seek's lawyer presence during interrogation - Aug 07, 2012
- Meghalaya rebel chief to move bail - Aug 09, 2012
- Chidambaram to review Meghalaya security situation Sunday - Feb 17, 2012
- GNLA chief's judicial custody extended by 14 days - Sep 07, 2012
- GNLA chief to move fresh bail plea in Meghalaya court - Sep 12, 2012
- Meghalaya Police announce reward for catching GNLA rebels - Apr 28, 2012
- Fierce gunfight between Garo rebels, commandos - Jan 28, 2012