GMR Energy acquires 33 percent stake in Canadian companyFebruary 24th, 2009 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 24 (IANS) GMR Energy Ltd has acquired 33.5 percent stake in Canada-based Homeland Energy Group (HEG), it was announced Tuesday.
HEG has strategic interests in coal projects in South Africa and other parts of the world.
The shares were acquired by GMR in exchange for 10 percent voting and equity interest held by them in Homeland Mining and Energy South Africa, a subsidiary of Homeland Energy Corp, Mauritius, said a statement by GMR Infrastructure, the parent company of GMR Energy.
- Chennai's Shriram Housing aims big in this fiscal - Mar 30, 2012
- GMR Energy to acquire 30 percent stake in Indonesian firm - Aug 12, 2011
- GMR completes Singapore arm stake sale to PETRONAS - Dec 29, 2011
- GMR eyes 5,000 MW coal-fired operating capacity in three years - Oct 29, 2011
- India's JSW buys Canadian coal company (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- GVK to buy Siemens' Bangalore airport stake - Aug 22, 2011
- CESC to buy stake in Australian mining firm for $10 mn - Jun 09, 2011
- ACC quarterly profit dips 10.86 percent - Apr 26, 2011
- India plans sovereign fund to buy coal assets abroad - May 04, 2012
- Carborundum Universal turns acquisitive in South Africa - Jun 19, 2012
- India's second school of mines to come up in northeast - Sep 09, 2012
- NTPC committed to go ahead with Bengal project - Jul 18, 2011
- JSW buys Canadian coal company - Nov 24, 2010
- Canadian uranium miner for joint venture in India - Oct 16, 2010
- NMDC scouts for mines in Mozambique, South Africa - Sep 08, 2010