Global powers discuss Iran at UNSeptember 26th, 2008 - 11:35 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Sep 26 (DPA) Foreign ministers from the world’s major powers met Friday in New York to discuss Iran’s controversial nuclear programme, according to German government sources.The meeting of the UN Security Council’s five permanent members - US, Russia, China, France, Britain - plus Germany comes after an earlier scheduled ministerial gathering to discuss sanctions had been cancelled.
France and the US have been pushing for another round of Security Council sanctions against Iran over its ongoing nuclear programme.
Russia had pulled out of the earlier foreign ministers meeting Wednesday on the sidelines of an annual UN summit of world leaders. The US at the time said it agreed more time was needed.
- Iran not to retreat an iota from its rights - May 12, 2012
- Iran not to retreat on nuke programme (Lead) - May 12, 2012
- PM heads to Tehran for NAM summit, Iran ties in focus (Lead) - Aug 25, 2012
- India, US discuss Syria, Iran, UN reforms - Aug 22, 2012
- Iran talks resume in Baghdad - May 24, 2012
- Iran n-talks constructive: EU - Apr 15, 2012
- India, US discuss Syria, Iran - Aug 22, 2012
- Iran hopeful over Baghdad n-talks: Minister - Apr 30, 2012
- World powers seek 'serious response' from Iran on nuclear dispute - Sep 24, 2009
- Iran not to pursue n-bomb production - May 31, 2012
- Russia seeks compromise on Iran sanctions - Mar 06, 2012
- European parliament urges Russia, China to back Iran sanctions - Feb 03, 2012
- China urges fresh nuclear talks with Iran - Jan 06, 2010
- Russia warns against unilateral sanctions on Iran - Jun 14, 2012
- US pursuing Iran sanctions with 'sense of urgency' - Apr 15, 2010