Global media agency names Indian as TV wing headMarch 16th, 2008 - 1:43 pm ICT by admin
By Aroonim Bhuyan
Dubai, March 16 (IANS) Mediaedge:cia (MEC), a leading multinational media buying and selling agency, has appointed an Indian, Bhaskar Khaund, as head of its newly launched television division for the Middle East. “The TV landscape in the Middle East is evolving at a very fast pace. My top priority is for MEC to be at the leading edge of this TV evolution,” Khaund told IANS.
As head of the new TV division, Khaund will be responsible for all the TV operations of the agency in the Middle East as well as the various TV strategists and planners within the team.
“This includes a greater emphasis on plans grounded in both research and creativity, on buying accountability and on becoming dynamic and knowledgeable TV experts for our clients,” he said.
In an official statement, MEC Middle East’s international business and development director Yves-Michel Gabay said, “There are more than 300 TV channels currently available in the region, and as more and more TV channels enter the market, it becomes very difficult to retain expert knowledge of all the different media sources available in the market.
“Our TV media strategists will work closely with our media buyers, utilizing their specialized expertise to advise which media are more relevant and effective. They will also help renegotiate better efficiencies with media owners in the future,” he said.
Khaund said his team would aim at improving each stage of a process, starting with a clear understanding of the communication brief.
“This process also involves accurate target prioritization, optimized media selections and a move towards buying scientifically benchmarked GRP (gross rating points) goals rather than merely airtime,” said Khaund.
The new team would also support the regional offices in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region in terms of sharing expertise and knowledge, according to the company statement.
Born in Shillong, Meghalaya, Khaund did his schooling in his hometown followed by New Delhi. After graduating from the Hindu College in New Delhi, he did his post-graduation from the Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA).
He joined MEC Middle East in 2002.
- Healthcare sector in Middle East creating more jobs - May 22, 2012
- MICA announces post graduate programme in Delhi - Oct 28, 2009
- Asianet to launch dedicated channel for Middle East - Mar 24, 2010
- Obama birther controversy filled four percent of US news coverage - Apr 28, 2011
- Leading advertising institute to open centres in UAE - Jul 09, 2009
- Innovation centre to be set up at Infopark - Feb 07, 2011
- Percept Media, Pointlogic tie-up for marketing venture - Jun 03, 2011
- HCL to provide IT services to Etisalat customers - May 09, 2011
- Sify unveils undersea cable landing station in Mumbai - Jan 11, 2012
- Lajong ropes in MNC as stakeholder - Feb 29, 2012
- Mobile phones promote people's power in Egypt, Libya - Mar 08, 2011
- Reliance Industries to invest in Network 18, TV18 - Jan 03, 2012
- US to cut 7,000 Europe-based troops - Jan 13, 2012
- 2G: Raja shares information on Kalaignar TV - Dec 21, 2011
- China launches French-made satellite - Apr 01, 2012