GJM activists lay siege on ABGL leader’s houseOctober 26th, 2008 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Siliguri (West Bengal), Oct 25 (IANS) Hundreds of activists of the pro-Grokhaland Gorkha Janamukti Morcha Saturday laid a siege on Akhil Bharatiya Gorkha League (ABGL) president Madan Tamang’s house and ordered him to leave West Bengal’s Darjeeling hills for making “false allegations” against GJM supremo Bimal Gurung.Tamang insinuated that Gurung has entered into a pact with state home secretary Ashok Mohan Chakraborty by compromising on the Gorkhaland movement,” said GJM press and publicity secretary Benoy Tamang.
He said Gurung Friday demanded clarifications from the ABGL leader on his controvertial statement, and gave him a Nov 7 deadline to come up with a concrete proof.
“We had then said that if he fails to furnish proof, he will have to leave the hills. But Saturday itself, the hill people got enraged and asked him to leave the hills,” Benoy Tamang said.
Police cofirmed that the GJM supporters had laid a siege on Tamang’s house, but said there was no violence.
Meanwhile, Madan Tamang said he did not feel intimidated by the GJM threat. “I had earlier faced similar threats from Ghising. And such threats will not work this time too. I will continue to live in Darjeeling.”
- Ghising, Tamang's wife giving tough fight to GJM - Apr 15, 2011
- Ghising's aide quits his Gorkha outfit - Sep 18, 2010
- GJM leader held for Gorkha League chief's murder - Aug 16, 2010
- 'Fear factor' missing from Darjeeling campaigning, say parties - Apr 12, 2011
- GJM faces tough fight from Ghising, Tamang's wife (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- GJM has betrayed Gorkhaland movement, say hill parties - Jun 08, 2011
- Gorkha group threatens indefinite Darjeeling shutdown - Jun 18, 2010
- Madan Tamang murder accused yet to be traced - Aug 23, 2010
- GJM member held for Gorkha league chief's murder (Lead) - Aug 16, 2010
- GJM leader Nicole Tamang flees from CID custody - Aug 22, 2010
- Angry demonstrators block GJM chief Gurung's convoy - May 25, 2010
- Angry protests greet Gurung, Tamang's brother quits GJM (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- New state will be Gorkha Adivasi Pradesh, says Gurung - May 31, 2010
- No senior GJM leader in Madan Tamang murder case charge-sheet - Aug 30, 2010
- Tamang's murder: Darjeeling tense, FIR against GJM leaders - May 22, 2010