Give licences to food vans, court tells MCDMarch 22nd, 2012 - 9:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 22 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday directed the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) to give licences, within two weeks, to food catering vans in Delhi after civic agencies evicted them from Dwarka area of west Delhi for causing traffic jams.
Justice Hima Kohli also directed the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) to allot proper sites to catering vans and asked the agency to place on record the draft policy prepared by the nodal agency.
The court had earlier appointed a nodal agency to draft a licensing policy for food catering vans which comprises the police commissioner, the commissioner of MCD, the vice chairman of the DDA and chairperson of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC).
The agency Thursday informed the court that a draft policy has been prepared by it on granting licences for running roadside eateries in catering vans and providing them parking space.
The court’s directions came on a plea filed by a group of van owners who were once stationed in markets in Dwarka but were ordered to shift by the MCD, DDA and Delhi Police for causing traffic congestion.
The van owners alleged that they were evicted in an arbitrary and unjust manner.
- High Court's nodal agency for food catering vans - Feb 03, 2012
- Day after rain chaos, MCD plays blame game - Sep 16, 2011
- Rehabilitate students of demolished school: Court (Lead) - Aug 17, 2011
- Hawkers cannot be allowed to choke streets: Court - Dec 29, 2011
- School teachers for disabled: Court questions selection board - Jul 11, 2011
- Cycle rickshaws need of the hour, ban arbitrary: Court - Feb 10, 2010
- DDA ordered to pay Rs.3,000 damages to RTI applicant - May 30, 2012
- Dikshit alerts civic agencies before monsoon - Jun 14, 2012
- 'Expedite issue of completion certificates' - Feb 24, 2012
- Vulnerable areas of Delhi prone to waterlogging (To go with Delhi waterlogging story) - Aug 24, 2010
- Rules for hiring teachers for disabled approved, court told - Oct 10, 2011
- CWG village flats: Pay dues to DDA, court tells Emaar MGF - Mar 19, 2012
- CWG village: DDA says builder can allot flats - Apr 19, 2012
- De-seal flats in Games Village, court tells DDA (Lead) - Nov 03, 2011
- 300 engineers to be trained to spot unsafe buildings - Apr 24, 2012
Tags: chairperson, civic agencies, delhi development authority, delhi high court, delhi police, draft policy, food catering, food vans, hima, municipal corporation of delhi, municipal corporation of delhi mcd, ndmc, nodal agency, parking space, police commissioner, roadside eateries, traffic congestion, traffic jams, vice chairman, west delhi