Give details on interrogators in Israeli car blast: CourtMarch 17th, 2012 - 6:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 17 (IANS) A Delhi Court Saturday asked Delhi Police’s anti-terror unit, special cell, to furnish names of investigators who questioned Israeli embassy car blast accused Syed Mohammad Kazmi.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav said a detailed reply had to be filed by the special cell about the uniform of its personnel.
The court’s remark came on a petition by journalist Kazmi, 52, currently in police custody. The accused alleged that officials of some foreign investigating agency also interrogated him.
Kazmi’s counsel Vijay Agarwal said that while questioning him the officials remained in plain clothes and did not wear uniforms.
Counsel for special cell told the court that it was not mandatory for special cell personnel to wear a police uniform.
The court would next hear the matter March 20.
Kazmi was arrested earlier this month. He hails from Meerut in Uttar Pradesh and is a resident of south Delhi’s B.K. Dutt Colony near Jor Bagh.
A post-graduate in Persian from Delhi University, Kazmi has worked as a freelance journalist with Doordarshan News. He has also worked as a news reader for a Tehran-based radio station and was recently working as a freelancer for Iranian news agency IRNA.
Four people were injured when an Israeli diplomat’s car was struck by a bomb near the Israeli embassy in the capital Feb 13.
Tal Yehoshua Koren, wife of the Israeli defence attache, suffered multiple injuries when a motorcycle rider attached a magnetic explosive device to her car and sped away. Within seconds, the device exploded, setting the car on fire.
- Give details on interrogators in Israeli car blast: Court (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- Israeli diplomat attack: Indian 'journalist' nabbed (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Israel attack: Indian 'journalist' nabbed (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Israeli attack: Arrested journalist's son denies links to Iranians - Mar 09, 2012
- Court reserves order on Kazmi petition - Mar 20, 2012
- Israeli attack: Arrested journalist's son denies links to Iranians (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Blast in Israeli embassy car: Kazmi's bail plea dismissed (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Warrant issued against three in Israeli car blast case - Mar 15, 2012
- Israeli diplomat attack: Indian arrested - Mar 07, 2012
- Police get more time to probe Israeli embassy car blast - Jul 20, 2012
- Blast in Israeli embassy car: Kazmi's bail plea dismissed (Second Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Israeli embassy car blast: Kazmi's custody extended - Apr 07, 2012
- Israeli embassy car attack: Court issues notice to police - Jul 25, 2012
- Israeli diplomat attack: Indian 'journalist' arrested (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Israeli embassy car bombing: Kazmi opposes court order - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: car on fire, defence attache, delhi court, delhi police, delhi university, doordarshan news, explosive device, freelance journalist, investigating agency, iranian news, israeli diplomat, israeli embassy, jor bagh, kazmi, meerut, motorcycle rider, plain clothes, police uniform, south delhi, vijay agarwal