Give Delhi blast victims artificial limbs in a month: Court (Lead)January 11th, 2012 - 7:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 11 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Wednesday ordered the state government to ensure that artificial limbs are provided within one month to victims of the Sep 7, 2011 blast outside the court premises.
The division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice R.S. Endlaw, while hearing a public interest petition, told the Delhi government to pay money to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, which would provide artificial limbs to the victims.
Petitioner and blast victim Vipin Kumar Gautam sought the best artificial limbs for those injured in the blast. His left leg was amputated below the knee.
The petitioner said the court had earlier directed the state government to provide best artificial limbs to those victims who suffered permanent incapacitation, but till now no action had been taken.
Gautam said he had requested deputy commissioner, Delhi government, to provide him the best prosthetic leg. But till date he was waiting for a response.
Fifteen people were killed and several were disabled in the blast.
- AIIMS gets notice for not giving amputees artificial limbs - Feb 29, 2012
- Give blast victims artificial limbs in 3 weeks, AIIMS told - Mar 01, 2012
- Rs.10 lakh for Sep 7 blast victims: Court - Sep 21, 2011
- Tributes paid to victims of Delhi High Court blast - Sep 07, 2012
- Give Rohini plots to blast victims on priority: Court (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Court declines plea on blocking of web pages - Sep 05, 2012
- Court asks government for relief to blast victims (Lead) - Sep 14, 2011
- Court reserves order on exam to recruit police officers - Apr 11, 2012
- Railways appeals single judge's order on competition panel - Feb 28, 2012
- Why not asylum to Pakistani Hindus, court asks government - Dec 21, 2011
- Wounded in body and mind, but coping with terror (Week after Delhi High Court blast) - Sep 14, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi over right to education (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Court notice over girls' admission to Delhi school - May 23, 2012
- Bus corridor case sent to new high court bench - Sep 03, 2012
- Consider plea for CBI probe against Team Anna: Court (Lead) - May 30, 2012
Tags: all india institute of medical sciences, artificial limbs, blast victim, chief justice, court premises, delhi government, delhi high court, deputy commissioner, division bench, gautam, incapacitation, india institute, left leg, money, New Delhi, petitioner, prosthetic leg, public interest petition, state government