Give blast victims artificial limbs in 3 weeks, AIIMS toldMarch 1st, 2012 - 10:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 1 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Thursday directed the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) to provide within three weeks artificial limbs to victims of the 2011 blast that took place outside the court premises.
The division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw also directed four victims, seeking artificial limbs, to visit AIIMS Friday for the treatment.
Lawyer appearing for AIIMS told the court that the blast victims who had sought the limbs were called by it Feb 17 but none of them turned up.
The bench Wednesday issued notice to AIIMS for failing to comply with its earlier order to provide artificial limbs to the blast victims.
The court, while hearing a public interest petition, told the Delhi government earlier to pay money to AIIMS for the artificial limbs.
Petitioner Gaurav Bansal and blast victim Vipin Kumar Gautam sought the best artificial limbs for those injured in the blast. Gautam’s left leg was amputated below the knee.
Fifteen people were killed and many were disabled in the Sep 7, 2011, blast at the high court complex.
- AIIMS gets notice for not giving amputees artificial limbs - Feb 29, 2012
- Give Delhi blast victims artificial limbs in a month: Court (Lead) - Jan 11, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged - Sep 12, 2012
- Immediately remove Urdu council director, government told - Feb 21, 2012
- Court notice to 12 private hospitals in Delhi - Aug 08, 2012
- Ban uninsured vehicles, court urged (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Rs.10 lakh for Sep 7 blast victims: Court - Sep 21, 2011
- Court hauls up Delhi Police for not implementing order - Aug 29, 2012
- Court notice to centre on diesel-run vehicles - Jul 19, 2012
- Frame right to education rules, Delhi government told (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Notice to Delhi government over schoolboy's injury - Nov 02, 2011
- Court wants early meeting of panel on media - Mar 07, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi bar council - Mar 07, 2012
- Court stays order to make president's donations public - Jul 13, 2012
- Court seeks police report over attack on engineer - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: aiims, all india institute of medical sciences, artificial limbs, bansal, blast victim, chief justice, court premises, delhi government, delhi high court, division bench, gautam, india institute, lawyer, left leg, march 1, New Delhi, petitioner, public interest petition, rajiv, sahai