Girls outshine boys in CBSE class 12 examsMay 23rd, 2011 - 12:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) Girls once again outshone boys in the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) class 12 examinations, results of which were declared Monday in seven regions across the country.
The pass percentage of girls was 86.93 percent, compared to 77.83 percent for boys, a CBSE spokesperson said.
The overall pass percentage registered an increase of 1.84 percent over 2010 and stood at 81.71 percent.
Chennai topped the list of overall pass percentage with 91.32 percent, followed by Ajmer with 85.5 percent. Delhi stood third with a pass percentage of 85.45 percent.
The total number of candidates who appeared this year was 7,70,043, 9.85 percent more than last year.
CBSE spokesperson Rama Sharma said: “CBSE cannot tell the name of the regional toppers as we usually don’t do it. The names will be given out by the schools.”
Students can check the results on the CBSE website www.cbse.nic.in or dial CBSE’s toll free helpline 1800-11-7002 for any queries.
- CBSE results: Girls outshine boys, Chennai tops (Second lead) - May 23, 2011
- CBSE results: Girls outshine boys, Chennai tops performance (Lead) - May 23, 2011
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys in foreign centres - May 23, 2011
- Drop in pass percentage in CBSE Class 12 exams (Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- Girls outshine boys in CBSE class 12 results (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Girls outshine boys in Class 12 CBSE exam (Second Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Girls outperform boys in CBSE Class 10 board exams (Lead) - May 29, 2009
- Girl power rules CBSE class 12 board exams (Second Lead) - May 22, 2009
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys; Chennai region tops (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Girls outperform boys in CBSE Class 12 board exams (Lead) - May 22, 2009
- Girls outperform boys in CBSE exams in Allahabad region - May 21, 2010
- CBSE Class 12 results announced - May 21, 2010
- Girls outdo boys in CBSE class 10 exams - May 24, 2012
- CBSE announces results for Ajmer, Panchkula and Chennai regions - May 19, 2010