Girl’s foetus found in Rajasthan townApril 20th, 2012 - 12:29 am ICT by IANS
Jaipur, April 19 (IANS) The foetus of a girl was found abandoned on the edge of a sewer line in Rajasthan’s Dausa town Thursday, police said.
Police said that foetus was spotted by some passers-by Thursday in Kotwali police station area of Dausa, some 150 km from Jaipur.
“The passers-by spotted her lying on the brink of the sewer line in the city and informed police,” a police officer told IANS.
“It seems he girl had been dumped in the early hours on Thursday,” the officer added.
“We have registered a first information report (FIR). We are questioning the staff of some private hospitals situated nearby,” said the officer.
Rajasthan has recently been in news for increasing cases of female foeticide and female infanticide.
According to Census 2011, Rajasthan has 883 girls between the age of 0-6 for every 1,000 boys. The child sex ratio in 2001 was 909.
Alarmed over the state’s skewed sex ratio, the state government recently announced steps to curb pre-natal sex determination tests at ultrasound clinics.
The steps include increasing the number of health department inspection teams and equipping them with devices like hidden cameras and voice recorders.
The state government has also increased the amount of money given to a person who complains about errant ultrasound clinics.
- Fourth foetus found in Jaipur - Mar 31, 2012
- Girl foetus found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Two female foetuses recovered in Rajasthan - Nov 06, 2011
- Another newborn girl's body found in Jaipur - Mar 28, 2012
- Newborn girl found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jul 07, 2011
- Body of newborn girl found - Mar 27, 2012
- Rajasthan doctor booked for female foeticide - Nov 02, 2011
- Court asks Rajasthan to explain action against female child killing - Mar 30, 2012
- Woman arrested for killing daughter - Jan 07, 2012
- Special police station to probe Rajasthan foeticide cases - Sep 17, 2012
- Aamir Khan to meet Gehlot over female foeticide - May 09, 2012
- Post 'Satyamev Jayate' Aamir to meet Gehlot - May 07, 2012
- Borther cries foul, woman unable to bear boy child dies - Oct 20, 2011
- Sex ratio fall: Rajasthan steps up raids on clinics - May 28, 2011
- Honour for women delivering girl child - Aug 09, 2012
Tags: amount of money, brink, census, child sex, dausa, female foeticide, female infanticide, fir, health department, hidden cameras, information report, police officer, police station, private hospitals, sewer line, sex determination, sex ratio, state government, ultrasound, voice recorders