Girl who lived with dead grandmom recoveringOctober 6th, 2011 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Oct 6 (IANS) A two-year-old girl in China who lived with her dead grandmother for over a week is recovering, a media report said.
The girl’s digestive system was returning to normal after being without food for several days, said Xiao Tao, a doctor in Changsha, capital of Hunan province.
The girl was found Sep 27. She was lying in the arms of her dead grandmother Wang Lichun, reported Shanghai Daily.
The girl was found by her neighbours. She suffered from dehydration, skin infections, wounds.
Her father, Xiao Kaiquan, said he had not been able to contact Wang for more than a week.
“It seems my daughter did not have any food to eat for a week,” the girl’s father was quoted as saying.
- Chinese woman tortures step-daughter to death - May 17, 2012
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland speaks for first time since her hospitalization - May 30, 2012
- Kid survives on chocolate near dead mom - Apr 16, 2012
- Stepfather held in China for drowning kid - Feb 04, 2012
- Mom cuts son's penis because she wanted a girl - Jan 17, 2012
- Kidney-transplant ring exposed in China - May 30, 2012
- A chicken with four legs! - Mar 22, 2012
- Baby found in trash can in China - Jul 25, 2012
- Chinese bomber to be executed for deadly blast - Dec 29, 2011
- Woman pardons mother who cut off her ears - Dec 28, 2011
- Monsoon health guide: Rainproof your lifestyle with right diet - Jul 16, 2012
- 'Fasting detoxifies the body, but don't overdo' - Aug 07, 2012
- Flesh-eating bacteria victim Aimee Copeland finally agrees to painkillers following skin graft surgery - Jun 19, 2012
- Upset at parents' divorce, girl hammers stranger's car - Sep 14, 2010
- Baby Falak's chances of survival bleak: Doctor - Feb 02, 2012