Girl, rickshaw puller killed in Noida accident (Lead)October 29th, 2010 - 8:14 pm ICT by IANS
Noida, Oct 29 (IANS) A private bus rammed into a cycle rickshaw here Friday, killing the rickshaw puller and a 15-year-old girl travelling in it, police said.
Suchitra Mazumdar, a Class 11 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya, and rickshaw puller Ram Sagar died on the spot, a police official said.
Suchitra, and three other students - Aditya, Bharti and Nischay - were on their way to school in Sector 25 Noida around 7 a.m. when a speeding chartered bus crashed into the cycle-rickshaw from behind.
Bharti, 15, Nischay, 15, and Aditya, 5, sustained critical injuries and were admitted to hospital, the police official said.
“Police rushed them to Prakash Hospital. Bharti and Aditya were admitted for treatment. Nischay was referred to the Kailash Hospital where doctors said his condition was critical,” the official added.
“The driver has been arrested. The bodies have been sent for autopsy,” Superintendent of Police City Noida H.N. Singh said.
- Girl, rickshaw puller killed in Noida - Oct 29, 2010
- Four school kids hurt as car rams rickshaw - Sep 21, 2010
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi (Lead) - May 27, 2012
- DTC bus kills cyclist (Second Lead) - May 27, 2012
- Kolkata engineer designs wonder rickshaw (With Images) - Jun 15, 2012
- Two hurt in Noida school bus accident - Aug 26, 2010
- Delhi government quizzed on road lanes for cycle-rickshaws - Aug 18, 2010
- Engineer robbed in Noida - Oct 22, 2010
- Rickshaw-puller held for raping 77-year-old - Mar 14, 2011
- 77-year-old raped, beaten by rickshaw puller (Lead, correcting day in paras 2, 7) - Mar 13, 2011
- 77-year-old raped, beaten by rickshaw puller - Mar 13, 2011
- MCD opposition leader asks for separate cycle-rickshaw tracks - Feb 17, 2010
- Cyclist crushed, six injured by bus in Delhi - May 27, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012