Girl out of borewell, taken to hospital (Lead)June 24th, 2012 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Manesar (Haryana), June 24 (IANS) A four-year-old girl who fell into a 70 feet deep borewell here in Haryana four days ago was finally pulled out by soldiers Sunday afternoon.
Mahi was immediately rushed to a hospital in a military ambulance. Local as well as army officials declined to give details about the girl’s health condition.
The final rescue — assuming the girl is alive — came after more than 90 hours of ordeal during which the army and several civilian agencies joined hands to dig a parallel tunnel to reach the trapped girl.
- After 86 long hours, Mahi is dead (Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead, says doctor - Jun 24, 2012
- Mahi is dead; end came on first or second day, doctors say (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2012
- Girl remains trapped for over 60 hours in borewell - Jun 23, 2012
- Mahi trapped in borewell not responding to calls (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- GPRS deployed for Mahi's rescue operation - Jun 22, 2012
- Anger, sorrow as Mahi dies in Haryana borewell (Roundup) - Jun 24, 2012
- Rescue operations still on for baby in borewell - Jun 22, 2012
- Other incidents of toddlers being rescued - Jun 23, 2012
- Four-year-old falls in borewell in Haryana - Jun 21, 2012
- Man who dug Mahi's death trap sent to jail - Jul 08, 2012
- Two held for digging illegal borewell in Gurgaon - Jun 28, 2012
- Notice to village head in Mahi's death in borewell - Jun 26, 2012
- Teenager falls into well in West Bengal - Jun 24, 2012
- Child rights panel seeks report on abandoned borewells - Jun 24, 2012