Girl held with fake US currency in DelhiFebruary 25th, 2011 - 9:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 25 (IANS) A 24-year-old girl was nabbed for encashing counterfeit US currency from a money exchange shop here, police said Friday. Fake notes of face value $800 were recovered.”Monika Munda, who hails from Ranchi in Jharkhand, was held from a shop in Sarojini Nagar market in South Delhi when she went to exchange notes of face value $200 Feb 21 (Monday),” a senior police officer said.
Monika, residing in Saket area, was working as a salesgirl at an electronics shop.
“She, earlier Feb 9, had exchanged notes of face value $600 from the shop. She returned to the same shop Feb 21 and tried to exchange more notes but the alert shopkeeper informed us,” the officer said.
Monika, a science graduate from Ranchi University, told police that she had procured the fake currency from Prakash, 78, who lives in Rajasthan.
During interrogation, she told police that she knew him for the last three years.
“She told us that she went to Jaipur in February seeking monetary help from Prakash for her sister’s marriage. The elderly man gave her the dollars saying that he didn’t have Indian currency as his sons were residing in America,” the officer said.
She also told police that Prakash earlier used to live in Greater Kailash in Delhi but he had shifted to Jaipur for the last one year.
“We have recovered fake US dollars of face value 800 dollars and have sent a team to Jaipur to arrest Prakash,” the officer added.
- Three held with fake currency in Rajasthan's Bharatpur - Jul 02, 2012
- Seaman arrested with fake dollars - May 04, 2011
- Fake currency seized in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Fake Indian currency recovered, three held - Mar 18, 2012
- Man held with fake currency notes - May 09, 2010
- Fake currency unit busted, three held - Jan 10, 2011
- Fake US currency seized in Punjab - Feb 15, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Three held in Punjab for circulating fake currency - Oct 30, 2010
- Man held with counterfeit currency in south Delhi - Dec 31, 2010
- Bangladeshi in fake currency racket nabbed in Bengal - Feb 17, 2012
- Fake currency gang busted, three arrested - Mar 07, 2011
- Counterfeit currency: Former defence official arrested - Jun 13, 2011
- Two arrested with fake currency - Feb 04, 2011
- Bangladeshi held with fake Indian notes - Nov 03, 2011
Tags: elderly man, face value, fake currency, indian currency, interrogation, kailash, marriage, money exchange, munda, New Delhi, old girl, police officer, prakash, rajasthan, ranchi university, science graduate, shopkeeper, south delhi