Girl-dominated gang running loan racket bustedOctober 31st, 2010 - 5:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 31 (IANS) Eight people, including five girls, were arrested in the capital for duping more than 500 students in an education loan racket, police said Sunday.
“They advertised extensively in local dailies in NCR (National Capital Region) offering easy education loans,” police said.
People who responded to the ads would be convinced by the girls to deposit some money in a bank account. Few days later, the gang would change their numbers, leaving the students duped.
According to police, Varun Sardana (24), Himanshu Sharma (21), Sunny Pal (22) and the five girls, aged between 19 to 27 years, were arrested Thursday afternoon from their office in Mukherjee Nagar.
The gang operated through 26 mobile phones and 16 bank accounts, obtained on fake IDs. Police also recovered unused SIM cards and 18 ATM cards from them.
–Indo-Asian News service
- Education loan fraud busted in Delhi, 8 held (Lead) - Oct 31, 2010
- Former bank staff held for fraud - Nov 07, 2011
- Hi-tech gang of ATM robbers busted - Mar 29, 2012
- Three management professionals held for cheating - Jan 23, 2011
- Three caught for cheating ATM users - Apr 25, 2011
- Gang of fraudsters busted, three arrested from UP - Sep 19, 2012
- ATM card racket busted - Jan 13, 2012
- Online prostitution racket busted, owner arrested - May 08, 2011
- Three held for fake caste certificate racket - Jun 25, 2011
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Five held for bank frauds in Delhi - Mar 11, 2011
- Two youth held for ATM theft - Mar 06, 2011
- Friendship club racket busted, 25 arrested (Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Three cheats held in Punjab - Nov 28, 2010
- Aspiring model held for murdering female executive - Aug 06, 2009
Tags: asian news, atm cards, bank accounts, dailies, education loan, education loans, fake ids, few days, girls, indo, mobile phones, money, ncr, New Delhi, news service, oct 31, rl, sardana, sim cards, thursday afternoon