Girl dies after punishment in school (Lead)April 17th, 2009 - 4:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) Eleven-year-old Shano Khan, who had slipped into a coma after she was punished by her school teacher, died here Friday. The police have not registered a case yet.
Shano slipped into a coma Wednesday after her class teacher Manju in the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) primary school in Narela in north Delhi made her stand in the sun for more than an hour for failing to recite the alphabet.
The girl was shifted to the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan Hospital Thursday evening after her condition deteriorated.
“We have not registered a case in the matter as yet. We are waiting for the medical report,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Outer Delhi) Atul Katiyar told IANS while confirming that the girl had died.
Shano’s father, Mohammed Ayub Khan, said: “Police have not yet registered a complaint in the matter. The MCD has suspended the teacher who punished Shano but this will not bring our daughter back.”
- Punished girl in coma, no charges against teacher - Apr 17, 2009
- Girl dies after punishment in school (Second Lead) - Apr 17, 2009
- Tortured schoolgirl's body handed over to parents; no arrest yet (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Teacher charged with culpable homicide for schoolgirl's death - Apr 17, 2009
- Probe on, will take action against Shano Khan's teacher: Police - Apr 18, 2009
- Tortured schoolgirl's body handed over to parents; no arrest yet (Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- Police may record statements of Shano's classmates - Apr 26, 2009
- Civic agency awaiting schoolgirl's viscera report to finish probe - Apr 27, 2009
- Police to quiz classmates of corporal punishment victim - Apr 20, 2009
- Five days on, little progress in probing schoolgirl's death - Apr 21, 2009
- Implementing child rights laws a problem, admits Renuka Chowdhury - Apr 17, 2009
- Muslim organisation adopts family of dead schoolgirl - Apr 24, 2009
- Corporal punishment death: autopsy hints at epilepsy - Apr 24, 2009
- Strict action needed to curb corporal punishment, say citizens - Apr 17, 2009
- Girl in coma: Delhi Government, Centre to take action against teacher, school - Apr 17, 2009