Girl commits suicide over failed love affair (Lead)February 15th, 2012 - 12:50 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 14 (IANS) Apparently distressed over a failed relationship, a 22-year-old girl committed suicide on Valentine’s Day Tuesday by jumping on the railway tracks from a bridge at the Howrah station.
The family members said Swati Dutta, a resident of Batra in Howrah district, was depressed after a failed love affair with a married man.
Police said Swati jumped from a height of 40 feet on the Bankim Setu bridge overlooking the station on the railway track near platform number 14 at around 1 p.m.
“She was admitted in a Howrah hospital in a very critical condition with a fractured pelvic bone and other injuries. She died in the evening,” said a police officer.
A suicide note recovered from her vanity bag said “no one is responsible for my death”.
A family member said she was into a relationship sometime back but was devastated after coming to know that the man was married. “She was depressed. And had sought psychological help also”.
- Girl attempts suicide by jumping into crowded Howrah tracks - Feb 14, 2012
- Stress taking its toll on youngsters: Experts - Feb 15, 2012
- Mentally ill man climbs up Howrah Bridge - Dec 03, 2010
- Track record (To go with Metro suicide story) - Mar 13, 2012
- Woman doctor kills herself over failed affair - Dec 05, 2011
- Toll in Howrah bus accident rises to 14 - Jul 05, 2009
- Woman commits suicide at Delhi Metro station (Second Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Angst plus stress equals more suicides at Metro stations - Mar 13, 2012
- Bomb hoax on Howrah bridge - Sep 25, 2011
- At least seven dead as bus falls on rail tracks - Jul 04, 2009
- Woman kills self over skin condition - Aug 17, 2012
- Man attempts suicide at Metro station (Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Stopped by cops, clicked by media, Punjab girl commits suicide - Aug 30, 2012
- For love's sake, three end life on V-Day in Karnataka - Feb 14, 2012
- Man, wife crushed by train - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: batra, bridge, critical condition, family member, family members, feb 14, fractured pelvic bone, howrah station, love affair, man police, married man, note recovered from, old girl, police officer, psychological help, railway track, relationship, suicide note, valentine s day, vanity