Girl child found abandoned in RajasthanJune 5th, 2012 - 11:06 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, June 5 (IANS) Police in Rajasthan’s Chittorgarh town are looking for parents of an infant girl who was found abandoned at a bus stand Monday evening barely two days after her birth, officials said Tuesday.
The child, who the police suspect was abandoned for being a girl, was Tuesday handed over to a children’s home after she underwent treatment at a hospital.
The baby girl was found in a polythene bag near a sewerage line at Shastri Nagar junction in the town, some 250 km from here.
“Some passers-by spotted her and informed the police. She was crying. A police team rushed there and took custody of the girl,” a police officer told IANS.
The officer said the girl was suffering from malnutrition and fever.
“She was taken to a hospital where she underwent treatment,” the officer said.
A police complaint was registered against the girl’s unidentified parents for abandoning her.
During preliminary investigation, it has come up that a woman had given birth to a girl child in the nearby government-run women’s hospital Sunday.
“The hospital staff had told us that the woman had left the hospital with the child without getting a discharge ticket. We have started an investigation to identify the woman,” said the police officer.
“Prima facie, it seems that the child was abandoned by her parents since she was a girl,” said the officer.
- Search on for abandoned girl's parents in Rajasthan - May 23, 2012
- Girl foetus found abandoned in Rajasthan - Jun 16, 2012
- Girl's foetus found in Rajasthan town - Apr 20, 2012
- New-born girl dumped in pit - Mar 04, 2012
- Parents booked over malnourished kid's death (Lead) - Dec 16, 2011
- Body of day-old girl found in well in Rajasthan - Jun 12, 2012
- Abandoned HIV positive woman finds succour in Delhi shelter (With Image) - Jul 11, 2012
- 2-year-old girl abandoned in Rajasthan's Jhunjhunu - May 26, 2012
- Unfolding at Haryana hospital - saga of abandoned daughters - May 01, 2012
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Poor woman delivers baby at hospital door - Oct 07, 2011
- Girl raped in moving car - Apr 01, 2011
- Rajasthan woman sells son for Rs.40,000, held - Aug 09, 2012
- FIR against Sikar government hospital head - Aug 28, 2012
- Truck runs over schoolgirl in Ghaziabad - Nov 02, 2010
Tags: baby girl, being a girl, chittorgarh, fever, girl child, hospital staff, infant girl, jaipur, malnutrition, parents, police complaint, police officer, police suspect, police team, preliminary investigation, s hospital