Girl burnt in ’satanic ritual’October 24th, 2011 - 11:29 pm ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, Oct 24 (IANS) A teenaged girl was in a coma Monday after being doused with petrol and burnt alive in a “satanic ritual” in Johannesburg, a media report said.
Kirsty Theologo, 18, suffered 75 percent burns when she was set alight by her friends in a park, The Star newspaper reported.
One of her friends, who was injured when she tried to help Kirsty after she was engulfed in the fire, said that the boys wanted to sacrifice them in a satanic ritual.
They were part of a group of five boys and three girls when the ritual was being carried out on them.
A third girl told a medical source that while Kirsty was burning, the boys had cut her hand and held it over a Bible so that the blood could soak it.
The teenagers were driven to a hospital by a pastor.
Provincial police spokeswoman Captain Pinky Tsingane said the girls were tied up and there was speculation the attack was a satanic ritual.
Two men, aged 19 and 21, who took part in the incident turned themselves in Sunday, The Star added.
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Woman sets herself afire at petrol pump - Nov 23, 2011
- Teenagers set minor ablaze after abortive rape attempt - Apr 23, 2010
- Kirsty Gallacher sorry for son's 999 call - Apr 06, 2011
- French teenager sets himself on fire at Marseille school - Jan 19, 2011
- Woman set ablaze in Moscow - Apr 06, 2011
- Birmingham girl arrested for allegedly burning Qur'an - Nov 26, 2010
- Most-played Christmas song of century is 'Fairytale' by the Pogues - Dec 15, 2011
- Goa readies for cool dip, Sao Joao feast on Sunday - Jun 23, 2012
- Two held for exorcism in Bolivia - Dec 21, 2011
- Mexican mother blinds her son in satanic ritual - May 25, 2012
- 20-year-old spends 20,000 pounds on cosmetic surgeries - May 23, 2011
- Jessie J wakes up 6-years-old girl from coma - Aug 20, 2012
- Chinese boy stands trial for setting girl on fire - Apr 23, 2012
- Minor burnt to death for resisting rape - Sep 21, 2011