Girl beaten to death for plucking litchisMay 29th, 2008 - 5:07 pm ICT by admin
Patna, May 29 (IANS) A girl was llegedly beaten to death for plucking litchis from an orchard in a Bihar village, the police said Thursday. A police official said that Murti Kumari was beaten to death by a guard of the orchard in East Champaran district’s Belwa Khas village, about 200 km from here.
“She along with her friends plucked litchis, but she was caught by the guard, who beat her mercilessly,” the police official said. Her friends managed to escape and informed her family. Later her body was found near a well.
The police have lodged a case.
Early this month, a boy was beaten to death for plucking litchis in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur district.
- Dalit boy beaten to death for collecting wood from orchard - Aug 17, 2012
- Boy killed in Bihar for plucking mangoes - May 25, 2012
- Desire for litchis proves fatal for 12-year-old - May 12, 2009
- Fickle weather can take juice out of litchi this season - Apr 29, 2012
- Father kills daughter in Bihar - Jul 09, 2011
- Heavy rains kill 11 in Bihar - Sep 26, 2011
- Villagers thrash Bihar cop - Aug 28, 2011
- Two suspected criminals lynched in Bihar - Apr 27, 2011
- Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft - Jul 06, 2012
- Encephalitis kills 7 more in Bihar, death toll 150 (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Woman forced to eat human excreta on witchcraft charge - Apr 28, 2012
- Encephalitis kills 4 more in Bihar, toll mounts to 147 - Jun 15, 2012
- New Delhi politicos to feast on Bihar fruits - Jun 03, 2011
- Nine Puja revellers drown in Bihar - Oct 05, 2011
- Bihar's litchis are food for wine - Apr 19, 2010