Girl, accomplice held with drugs in Madhya Pradesh (Lead)May 24th, 2009 - 6:37 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, May 24 (IANS) Two youths, including a girl, were arrested with three kg of smack in Mandsaur district of Madhya Pradesh, police said Sunday.
The two, residents of Vasant Vihar in New Delhi, were arrested late Saturday from a bus on way from Mandsaur to Rajasthan. According to the police, the duo were mere conduits and the kingpin of the drug racket is a foreign national.
Stancy, 20, a native of Dud Ganga in Mizoram, and John Namang, 22, told the police they were lured into drug peddling with the promise of handsome commission.
“Prima facie, it seems that these two youths were only carriers. The main accused in the case is a person of foreign origin who may have entered the country on a student visa. The matter is being investigated,” Inspector General of Police (Ujjain) Pawan Jain said.
The duo told police about the appearance of the person, who handed over the drug consignment, but could not name him, he said.
Mandsaur is famous for its large production of opium and more than half the crop grown here is allegedly sold in the black market which fetches the farmers more than double the rate at which the government purchases their produce.
- Mizo girl, accomplice held with drugs in Madhya Pradesh - May 24, 2009
- Drug peddling cases on rise in Delhi - Jan 06, 2012
- Three drug traffickers held - Jul 11, 2011
- Rs.200 crore worth drugs seized in Punjab, four held - Jun 02, 2012
- Farmer arrested with 12 kg opium in Delhi - Jun 27, 2012
- Three held with 45 kg of opium - Jul 01, 2011
- 61-year-old peddler arrested with drugs worth Rs.3 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- South African, woman arrested for drug peddling - Jan 08, 2012
- Drug seizure: Himachal court cancels Israeli's bail - Sep 07, 2012
- Two Kyrgyzis running online escort, drug racket arrested - Jun 23, 2012
- Man held for drug trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- Three get 16-year jail for drug smuggling - Jul 30, 2011
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- One held with drugs - Nov 08, 2011
- BKI terrorists sent to custody till Jan 2 (third lead) - Dec 23, 2011