Giorgio Armani enters India with flagship boutique in DelhiOctober 16th, 2008 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 16(IANS) After the entry of high-end international brands like Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Dunhill and others into the Indian market, fashion luxury brand Giorgio Armani Thursday launched its flagship boutique and a store in the capital Thursday.Both are located at the upmarket Emporio Mall at Vasant Kunj in south Delhi.
“I am truly excited to finally have a presence in India. This country, which perfectly mixes the spirit of adventure, the sense of mystery and majesty with the principles of elegance, sophistication and modernity, has long been a wonderful source of inspiration to my collections,” Giorgio Armani said in a statement.
The Giorgio Armani boutique covers over 277 square metres on one floor of the mall as against the Emporio Armani store that covers an area of over 210 square metres.
The boutique’s interior is entirely dedicated to Giorgio Armani’s signature women’s and men’s apparel and accessory prêt-a-porter collections.
“The overarching theme is the creation of an intimate personal space with wardrobes and trunks showcasing the season’s collections, where the defining materials are brushed silk,” a company statement said.
“The floor, finished with grey stone panels, creates a sophisticated ambience. A shiny dark ceiling provides a dramatic yet comforting effect which is further enhanced by the lighting design that plays with shadow and light creating focal areas. Invisible recessed lamps, transformed into spotlights, trace the contours or aim directly at the garments and objects on display,” the statement added.
The boutique also features an area dedicated to the new Giorgio Armani Hand Made to Measure service for men, the ultimate in customised luxury. One large wall projection of the current collection adds to the overall effect that blends craftsmanship with modernity in an unexpected way and presents the perfect surrounding for the world of Giorgio Armani.
The two outlets are managed by a newly formed joint-venture company between the Giorgio Armani Group, that designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products, and the DLF Retail Brands Private Limited to form Giorgio Armani India Pvt. Ltd.
While the former has a 51 percent stake in the company, the latter has exclusive rights for the development of Armani retail stores throughout India.
The Giorgio Armani Group designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewellery, home furnishings, fragrances and cosmetics under a range of various brand names.
- Shops, retail chains in malls down shutters against tax - Mar 07, 2011
- Learn while you shop at Armani Junior store (With images) - Sep 08, 2012
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- Suneet Varma to bring Armani Junior to India - Nov 29, 2011
- Sabyasachi to design exclusive clothes for Wills Lifestyle - Apr 06, 2011
- Versace Home opens first standalone store in capital - Jan 24, 2011
- Giorgio Armani Has No Plans To Expand In India Soon - Oct 14, 2010
- Malls - where designers love to sell - Apr 15, 2011
- Indian menswear brands holding own against international labels - Aug 06, 2012
- Armani to design outfits for Ricky Martin - Mar 19, 2011
- Megan Fox strips for Emporio Armani Underwear ad - Jan 13, 2010
- Kidswear market boon for Indian economy: Designer Rocky S (With Image) - Jan 14, 2012
- Barbie Apparel's first couture range for girls (With image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Shop, eat, shop at Delhi's '360-degree' lifestyle stores - May 02, 2010
- Komal Sood creates flower-inspired collection for WIFW (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011