Gilani visits land of his forefathersSeptember 14th, 2011 - 1:28 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 14 (IANS) Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani visited the land of his ancestors in the city of Rasht, the capital of Iran’s Gilan province, it was reported here.
Gilani went around the city that attracts domestic tourists, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
Gilan is in the northwest of Iran along the Caspian sea.
The governments of Pakistan and Iran have declared Multan and Rasht as sister cities.
The prime minister also visited the ancestral shrine of Sheikh Zahid Gilani, which has been declared a national heritage by the Iranian government.
Sheikh Zahid Gilani was a respected religious scholar and saint of the region.
Gilani said he was pleased to visit the city where his ancestors were born and later went to Iraq for studies, while one of them settled in what is now Pakistan.
- Pakistan calls Iran a great friend - Nov 04, 2011
- Devotees throng saint's Dargah (With Images) - Mar 05, 2012
- Gilani gets to see ancestor's manuscripts in Qatar - Feb 08, 2012
- Gilani gifts cameras to journalists - Jun 06, 2011
- Pakistan to buy power from Iran: Gilani - Apr 01, 2012
- Iran, Pakistan to boost bilateral trade - Sep 13, 2011
- Iran to open bank in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2011
- Expedite energy projects: Gilani - Sep 30, 2011
- 16 trapped under collapsed building in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2012
- Pakistan looks to Iran to mitigate energy woes - Oct 20, 2011
- Pakistan PM now has a flyover in his name - Dec 31, 2011
- Gilani's son named in drug scam - Apr 19, 2012
- Drug trafficker executed in Iran - Dec 13, 2011
- Indian released from Pakistan jail to wed Sunday - May 28, 2011
- By-poll for Gilani's seat in July - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,