Giant national flag hoisted at Kargil war memorialJuly 27th, 2012 - 11:00 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) A giant national flag was hoisted at the Kargil war memorial in Drass Friday to commemorate the 13th anniversary of India’s victory in the war.
Member of parliament Naveen Jindal and Northern Army Commander K.T. Parnaik hoisted the 30 feet by 20 feet tricolour.
“Flying of the national flag takes a person beyond the narrow considerations of religion, caste, language, region and imbibes the feeling of being an Indian,” Jindal said in a statement.
Jindal, also president of the Flag Foundation of India, had won a court battle for flying the national flag as a fundamental right for every citizen.
- Maharashtra's largest tricolour unfurled in NDA (With Images) - Apr 28, 2012
- Tricolour hoisted on 101-foot high flagpole in Gurgaon - Jul 11, 2010
- Tricolour flutters atop charred Mantralaya again - Jun 24, 2012
- At 206 feet, tricolour to flutter in unmatched glory - Jan 24, 2010
- Delighted Jindal to illuminate national flag after home ministry nod - Dec 24, 2009
- Kargil martyrs remembered on Vijay Diwas - Jul 26, 2012
- Low key I-Day celebrations in Maharashtra - Aug 15, 2012
- Jindal hands over 25 racing bicycles to Indian Army unit - Aug 30, 2010
- Indian Army celebrates Kargil war Victory Day - Jul 26, 2011
- BJP believes in confrontations on communal lines: Digvijay Singh - Jan 27, 2011
- Jharkhand children hoist tricolour despite blast by Maoists (Lead) - Jan 26, 2011
- Shun violence, Jharkhand governor tells Maoists - Jan 26, 2012
- Omar slams BJP over flag hoisting plan at Srinagar on Republic Day - Jan 05, 2011
- Watch out for India's largest, tallest tricolour - Jan 30, 2009
- Fruits of independence yet to reach the poor: Akhilesh - Aug 15, 2012
Tags: 13th anniversary, army commander, caste, citizen, drass, fundamental right, India, jindal, kargil war, language region, member of parliament, national flag, naveen, New Delhi, northern army, parliament, religion, victory, war memorial