Ghaziabad school near which child drowned shutsJuly 14th, 2012 - 1:19 am ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, July 13 (IANS) The Ghaziabad school outside which a four-year-old boy drowned Thursday in a drain, shut shop and its management was absconding Friday after police registered a case against it.
On Thursday, four-year-old Ganesh alias Sunny’s body was found floating in the drain outside the Holy Mother Public School in the Vasundhara area by his father after a frantic search.
On Friday, when IANS visited the site, several lapses were spotted in the running of the school. The school, situated in a multi-storied commercial complex, does not have any security arrangements, no play ground, no proper sanitation and civic amenities for the students.
Ghaziabad District Magistrate (DM) Aparna Upadhyay told IANS: “I have ordered an inquiry in to the incident. The city magistrate would be submitting his report at the earliest. Such schools, where parameters are not being fulfilled, should not be allowed to run. I am inclined to shut such schools, not this school alone.”
Regarding municipal facilities, the DM said, “I have asked the municipal commissioner to conduct a survey about locations where such open drains are clogged. The schools or any other institute opposite which the drain is found clogged should compulsorily cover it on its own. The commissioner has been asked to initiate action on a large scale,” added the DM.
On the other hand, the District Inspector of Schools (DIOS) Raj Singh Yadav said, “This school is not recognized by us. Hence, we do not have any record pertaining to this. There is no school by the name of Holy Mother Public School-Vasundhara in our records.”
Vinod Gaikwad, the father of the deceased child said, “We knew the school had short comings. But since Sunny’s elder sister Tanu used to study in the same school, we thought it fit to send him there. Security lapses allowed this incident to be happen. The school is guilty of the crime.”
- Child drowns in Ghaziabad drain - Jul 13, 2012
- 14-hour power failure hit NCR towns - Jul 30, 2012
- BJP accuses Ghaziabad administration of favouring SP - Jul 02, 2012
- Ghaziabad district magistrate transferred - Jan 11, 2012
- Power, water shortages bring misery to Ghaziabad - Jun 06, 2012
- 'Ghaziabad residents forced to drink hazardous water' - Aug 19, 2010
- Anna supporters take out marches in Ghaziabad - Aug 17, 2011
- Boy kidnapped for ransom in Ghaziabad - Sep 30, 2011
- Curfew relaxed in violence-hit Ghaziabad area - Sep 17, 2012
- BJP adds Ghaziabad mayor's seat to its kitty - Jul 08, 2012
- Dead soldier's family await his body - Jan 12, 2011
- Court summons MCD chief over zoo flooding threat - Jul 13, 2011
- Akhilesh rejigs bureaucracy, 30 officials transferred - Mar 19, 2012
- Ready to tackle water stagnation during rains: MCD - Jun 27, 2011
- Drug abuse, insanitary conditions found in UP juvenile homes - Jul 04, 2012
Tags: absconding, civic amenities, commercial complex, deceased child, district magistrate, drains, elder sister, frantic search, guilty of the crime, holy mother, lapses, large scale, municipal commissioner, play ground, proper sanitation, raj singh, security arrangements, short comings, upadhyay, yadav